DJI - GOOD Warranty Service

Reaction score
Edit: Please see my follow up post #39:
DJI - GOOD Warranty Service

I'm at a loss and simply stunned at the response I just got from DJI.

I received my P3P back from warranty repair a few days ago. DJI took care of the bill and turn around time was _very_ fast. Part of the repair was a upper shell replacement. The new shell has no stickers. They included metallic purple and rose color stickers but no gold stickers that come with the Professional. Did the chat and was asked to call DJI at 818-235-0789. I called and Ruben tells me that the repair center does not have gold stickers and that I can buy them from DJI for about $3 (I can't find any). I explain that the stickers are removed to make warranty repairs so they should be replaced. He tells me that the repair center does not have them. I explain this appears to be an issue DJI needs to correct but it does not change that they need to be replaced. I asked to speak to someone else. He puts me over to Pete. Pete tells me that the warranty does not cover the stickers. I ask where it states this. He states it does not. He tells me the warranty does not cover non-flight items. I ask where it states this. He states it does not. He tells me that he will put in a request for stickers but he doubts they will send the gold ones.

I'm not making this up! DJI cannot replace 5 cent gold stickers? Perhaps they are real gold.

I think it's _clear_ that they should be replaced under warranty if they need to be removed. DJI has come a long way in improving their customer service but that is not difficult when you start at 0 and are now at a 3. It's not like this is a $100, $50 or $10 part.... it's about 5 cents or less.

Last edited:
Seems like it's not really worth losing your cool over a few "5 cent" gold stickers, especially since they took care of the repair, and handled the repair "very fast." From what I have heard that is a major change from DJI repair service not too many months ago. I bet there are many out there who would be quite happy with the degree of service you experienced. Life will never be perfect.

I understand where you are coming from. Also, I've been known to be too concerned over the little things. With that said, Should we just agree sub-standard service is god enough because its gotten a little better? Should we accept that DJI is now honoring the warranty because they are now getting most of it right? In that it's a 5 cent item should be all the more reason why it's stupid on their part to refuse to replace it. Getting close and failing is still... failing.

Really stickers ? I am at a loss I could see cam was missing , bird dose not fly , like above bird was fixed and quick that's great couple years ago be lucky to get a RMA off them but the stickers just not filling it .
GL !

Really stickers ? I am at a loss I could see cam was missing , bird dose not fly , like above bird was fixed and quick that's great couple years ago be lucky to get a RMA off them but the stickers just not filling it .
GL !

So when you take your car in for an oil change and they replace 1/2 the oil instead of all, you are thankful because before their service was worse?

Your remaining point is the cost of the stickers. That is as much of my point as yours. DJI is refusing to honor their own warranty over 5 cents? In my case I need to sell the P3P. I'm risking someone skipping my sale because all the others are complete.

But bottom line is that DJI is not honoring their own warranty. If they will do this to save 5 cents, why wouldn't they do it on a camera repair or more? Also, what kind of company wants bad press to save 5 cents? To me, this just shows that DJI has not really improved very much and still has a long way to go.

I'm hopeful that when you need warranty work on your Phantom that they honor the warranty.

So when you take your car in for an oil change and they replace 1/2 the oil instead of all, you are thankful because before their service was worse?

I'm not disagreeing with you, but poor analogy. It would be more applicable if your example was that they replaced all the oil but an ounce that was stuck in the bottom of the pan.

Here's hoping they're still fast as I just shipped today for DJI Care service. How long was it from the time it left your door until it returned?

In my case I need to sell the P3P. I'm risking someone skipping my sale because all the others are complete.

Yours is complete if you fit the stickers they gave you, I doubt someone would walk away from a purchase because 4 stickers that don't affect the operation of the drone one bit were missing, if your selling it just fit the stickers they gave you and be done with it, I honestly can't see what the big deal is, OK they should of fitted some yellow stickers, they didn't have any so gave you 2 different colours instead and your selling it anyway, there's more important things to worry about in life, people are losing their homes, some are being blown up and others getting their heads chopped off and your worried about 4 missing stickers!

Reactions: MrFus and flyboy73
I'm not disagreeing with you, but poor analogy. It would be more applicable if your example was that they replaced all the oil but an ounce that was stuck in the bottom of the pan.

Here's hoping they're still fast as I just shipped today for DJI Care service. How long was it from the time it left your door until it returned?

Question... if you bought a new Phantom 3 and it lack stickers, would you simple just accept it for the money you paid? Would you expect _everyone_ to just accept this on a new Phantom? If you called and asked for the stickers and they just told you to pound sand, would you just accept this as the way it should be?

If it were an ounce and everyone agreed it was lacking an ounce of oil, how many places do you know of that would not _simply_ put another ounce in the vehicle? How would you feel if they told you that they were not going to replace that ounce... but you could _pay_ for it?

Yours is complete if you fit the stickers they gave you, I doubt someone would walk away from a purchase because 4 stickers that don't affect the operation of the drone one bit were missing, if your selling it just fit the stickers they gave you and be done with it, I honestly can't see what the big deal is, OK they should of fitted some yellow stickers, they didn't have any so gave you 2 different colours instead and your selling it anyway, there's more important things to worry about in life, people are losing their homes, some are being blown up and others getting their heads chopped off and your worried about 4 missing stickers!

I agree that the cost is unimportant. I've never been concerned about that. The issue I have is that DJI does not even give the repair center these decals. Then, if someone asks (rightfully) for them, they simply tell the customer that they can pay out of their own pocket to replace what DJI removed. I can _fully_ understand if there was some question as to the item being owed but in this case it's _clear_ that they should be replaced under warranty and DJI simply refuses to do this for any customer. Some people will choose to accept this as being better crappy service then the worse service they provided before. That is everyone's choice. I'm only pointing out what happen and DJI's response to the situation.

But they gave you 2 free ounces, your actually up an ounce

They have me 2 ounces of water instead of oil. You can attempt to change the analogy however you like, it's still owed and was not given . Would you be please if your Phantom Professional came new to you with the wrong color stickers? How would you feel if you contacted DJI about this and they told you that you should be happy that you even got any stickers with your purchase?

Edit: Or... if you bought gold stickers from someone off ebay would you just be happy they sent any old color and not the gold ones you ordered?

But they supplied you with 2 other sets of stickers that according to you they refused to do

I never stated they did not supply other stickers. I specifically mentioned this... which is why you know of it. What they refused to supply is replacement gold stickers that they removed. They removed them and did not replace them.

I actually work for an insurance company, what do your terms and conditions say, you might find that if exact matching parts are unavailable then the next closest match will be used, maybe dji don't make gold ones anymore, maybe there's a world stock shortage of gold stickers so rather than hold up your warranty claim and delivery they supplied you with 2 sets of the next best stickers which according to you dji say they aren't obliged to

They have me 2 ounces of water instead of oil. You can attempt to change the analogy however you like, it's still owed and was not given . Would you be please if your Phantom Professional came new to you with the wrong color stickers? How would you feel if you contacted DJI about this and they told you that you should be happy that you even got any stickers with your purchase?

Edit: Or... if you bought gold stickers from someone off ebay would you just be happy they sent any old color and not the gold ones you ordered?

But that's a totally different scenario, how much did you pay to get your drone repaired/replaced?

I guess it would make it harder to sell if it were minus the markings of a Phantom. Mentioning that it was repaired would also make for a hard resale.

Do the stickers help keep the shell fitted properly?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If dji emailed you advising you your drone is ready for shipping apart from a slight issue with stickers with gold ones being on back order and no date available for new ones and could they ship with sets of the other colours, would you have actually told them to hold of shipment till such time they have gold stickers in stock..............I don't think so!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues