DJI Goggles?

Reaction score
Can someone confirm for me that the new goggles do operate the gimble on our P4P's? I realize that we have to use a cable from our HDMI Module for the P4P. But was not sure if it moved the camera with head like it does on the Mavic. Getting ready to pull the trigger on these I think!

When connected via HDMI, you cannot use the head tracking feature.

When connected via HDMI, you cannot use the head tracking feature.
So it will not work with our P4P's then? Some are saying in their reviews that this works with the Phantoms but I did not think that was right. Because I'm pretty sure thats what I overheard in the DJI booth at NAB Show. Still not a big deal to me though. Just wanted to make sure when ask.

If you want to use head tracking with the P4P, you'll need to connect the DJI Goggles with a micro USB cable. That'll work with all P4 models except the P4A+ and P4P+.

Untitled.png

Oh ok! Thanks so much guys! So there is a HDMI and a Micro USB port on these! So they do work with head tracking on the P4P's as long as you are using the Micro USB ports! Good to know. So if you are using the Micro USB cable to do this with, are you getting the same quality resolution in the goggles view as you would if you were using the HDMI ports? Trying to decide if I need to install the HDMI Module that I had on my P4 in my P4P controller or not to use these goggles.

I can keep posting screen shots, or you could just read the manual...

View attachment 82615
LOL! Thx for posting your screen shots man. So it looks like there will be no need to install my HDMI Module to use these with my P4P then. Just use the Micro USB right? But will transmitted image in goggles be same resolution with Micro USB as the HDMI output would be?

LOL! Thx for posting your screen shots man. So it looks like there will be no need to install my HDMI Module to use these with my P4P then. Just use the Micro USB right? But will transmitted image in goggles be same resolution with Micro USB as the HDMI output would be?

It's there - in the specifications. 1080p/30, 720p/30, 720p/60. Since those are the transmitted modes, you are not going to get more than that out of HDMI.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Last dumb question I swear! If you get these will you use the Micro USB connection from the P4P controller? Or will you install the HDMI Module and use that connection?

Last dumb question I swear! If you get these will you use the Micro USB connection from the P4P controller? Or will you install the HDMI Module and use that connection?

I'm not planning to use them via HDMI, at least not for flying, so wireless with my Mavic and USB with my P4. I removed the HDMI module a while back because it seemed to be causing video breakup on the iPad.

If you get these will you use the Micro USB connection from the P4P controller? Or will you install the HDMI Module and use that connection?
It seems the DJI Goggles manual is incorrect. The DJI Goggles cannot currently be connected to the Phantom remote controller via the micro USB port. You must use the USB port or HDMI port (if you have the HDMI output module attached to your remote controller). See more details in this post.

It seems the DJI Goggles manual is incorrect. The DJI Goggles cannot currently be connected to the Phantom remote controller via the micro USB port. You must use the USB port or HDMI port (if you have the HDMI output module attached to your remote controller). See more details in this post.

That's an unusually major error in the manual. I wonder if that functionality is simply not yet added, rather than the manual being completely wrong. Thanks for tracking it down though. I guess I need to reinstall the HDMI module for use with the P4.

There were apparently other major errors in the manual too. For example, an older version showed head tracking can be used with the P4. The current manual shows it's not compatible. On RCGroups, DJI employees are saying there is apparently a new firmware release coming to add the head tracking feature.

Ah ha! My questions weren't so dumb after all! So I will def have to install my HDMI Module that I used on my P4's in able to use goggles on the P4P! So again, I'm still curious if the head tracking works with the P4P through the HDMI output to goggles??? The manaul says it does, but I swear the DJI rep a few weeks ago said that head tracking was only working with Mavic Pro!

Reactions: sar104
Ah ha! My questions weren't so dumb after all! So I will def have to install my HDMI Module that I used on my P4's in able to use goggles on the P4P! So again, I'm still curious if the head tracking works with the P4P through the HDMI output to goggles??? The manaul says it does, but I swear the DJI rep a few weeks ago said that head tracking was only working with Mavic Pro!

If the headtracking with the Glyphs are anything to by, you'll need the hdmi for the video stream and the USB to control the gimbal

If the headtracking with the Glyphs are anything to by, you'll need the hdmi for the video stream and the USB to control the gimbal
That sounds correct Mook! As the HDMI cable prob only carries the transmission video! And USB would be used for the tracking controls! So if that's the case, how are they gonna get the head tracking controls to a P4P if it is hooked up by HDMI only?

how are they gonna get the head tracking controls to a P4P if it is hooked up by HDMI only?
I didn't see DJI reps speak on this topic, but head tracking is never going to work using only an HDMI cable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik