DJI Goggles limit the distance

Reaction score
Evening Folks,

Question, when you are using your Goggles do you find the distance strongly limited? like as if the setting was set back to full signal (not auto) so the drone has a very limited range?

Or am i doing something wrong? With the iPad I can fly for a very long distance away, with the Goggles I am limited to maybe 400 meters? but only with the Goggles. Any ideas why?

And do you find the battery goes flat quicker in the controller with the Goggles?

Cheers
Jason

Evening Folks,

Question, when you are using your Goggles do you find the distance strongly limited? like as if the setting was set back to full signal (not auto) so the drone has a very limited range?

Or am i doing something wrong? With the iPad I can fly for a very long distance away, with the Goggles I am limited to maybe 400 meters? but only with the Goggles. Any ideas why?

And do you find the battery goes flat quicker in the controller with the Goggles?

Cheers
Jason
same problem here still looking for the answer

Reactions: bill combs
Agreed, I have tried everything and it looks like when the goggles are connected the range is locked, USB, HDMI, doesn't matter, same issue. With the Diopter missing and the lack of range the DJI Goggles are not looking so good anymore.....

Had the goggles for maybe a month or two now; and it JUST STARTED limiting my distance. Its almost like they are on beginners mode or something. I've downloaded all updates, no change. However, at same location when I fly using DJI GO4, there is no limiting at all. This totally ruins the experience of flying with Goggles. Whats up with this?

Had the goggles for maybe a month or two now; and it JUST STARTED limiting my distance. Its almost like they are on beginners mode or something. I've downloaded all updates, no change. However, at same location when I fly using DJI GO4, there is no limiting at all.
You'll need to start up your Phantom while it's connected to DJI GO before connecting the DJI Goggles when flying with no mobile device. See more details here.

Yes, helped but what about using other apps like Litchi? Does using Litchi as a client remove the restriction?

If I use my DJI Goggles RE without the 5.8 GHz external pagoda antenna my range before it disconnects is maybe 300 yards. If I use the pagoda antenna, my range is around 700 yards. Since the 5.8 GHz external pagoda antenna is designed for short range 5.8 GHz, it seems to me that if the external antenna is necessary we should have the 2.4 GHz cylindrical antenna. I received my DJI Goggles RE with two pagoda style external antennas with SMA Connectors. I did not receive a 2.4 GHz cylindrical antenna.
Has anyone worked out this problem..

Reactions: gringorio
Agreed, I have tried everything and it looks like when the goggles are connected the range is locked, USB, HDMI, doesn't matter, same issue. With the Diopter missing and the lack of range the DJI Goggles are not looking so good anymore.....

Does this limit altitude as well?
I just created a thread about this, but I didn't mention I'm using the goggles

I haven’t done a survey of altitude, I flew under 200 feet and I always have completely unobstructed view, because I operate from an elevated platform. I have now purchased a circular antena to use with the RE goggles. The antenna is rated for 2.4 and 5.8 GHz. I’ve Only had one opportunity to test the new circular antenna, but I believe it’s an improvement. If I haven’t just overlooked it, DJI should give us some instruction of what antenna to use or update our firmware to improve our range.

If I use my DJI Goggles RE without the 5.8 GHz external pagoda antenna my range before it disconnects is maybe 300 yards. If I use the pagoda antenna, my range is around 700 yards. Since the 5.8 GHz external pagoda antenna is designed for short range 5.8 GHz, it seems to me that if the external antenna is necessary we should have the 2.4 GHz cylindrical antenna. I received my DJI Goggles RE with two pagoda style external antennas with SMA Connectors. I did not receive a 2.4 GHz cylindrical antenna.
Has anyone worked out this problem..
The cylindrical antenna is dual frequency.

Reactions: gringorio
Evening Folks,

Cheers
Jason

i have an older pair of white goggles that i fly over 15000’ without any disruptions but recently bought a new pair that seems to limit my distance to 4000’ both have the same firmware

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers