DJI GOGGLES FOR MAVIC PRESALE LIMITED AMOUNT

You can use them on the P4, via HDMI cable. Watching the review earlier suggests that there is still some work to be done and that maybe gen#2 will make them a little more user friendly. I'll keep my fatsharks for now.

Reactions: jsposito
You can use them on the P4, via HDMI cable. Watching the review earlier suggests that there is still some work to be done and that maybe gen#2 will make them a little more user friendly. I'll keep my fatsharks for now.
So, as is, we would need an HDMI mod before we can use? (P4)

The Quick Start docs seem to be a bit behind, but as confirmed in the User Manual the link to the controller for the P4P and Inspire 2 (while not wireless like the Mavic) is indeed via USB, and that includes movement sensing and live view. Curiously the manual seems to say that the link to the P4P+ is via HDMI and supports live view only (no movement tracking.) If accurate, this seems like a surprising limitation for the P4P+.

If you were impressed by Drone Valley's review, then this one is going to knock your socks off. The reviewer has lots of facts to share since he actually has the goggles.

These are the killer Goggles :)

Specs are excellent. They can definitely be used with P3 or P4 series. Mavic has the advantage of connecting multiple Goggles with max latency of 110 ms, giving 16 feet visual accuracy at 100 mph or 1.6 feet accuracy at 10 mph. This would be a great step for racing quads.

I see only two cons:

1. Almost 1kg / 2 pounds sitting on your head
2. No bluetooth support for audio

I am little scared that it will have an app similar to DJI Go running on this device so the device will not be just a monitor.

These are the killer Goggles :)

Specs are excellent. They can definitely be used with P3 or P4 series. Mavic has the advantage of connecting multiple Goggles with max latency of 110 ms, giving 16 feet visual accuracy at 100 mph or 1.6 feet accuracy at 10 mph. This would be a great step for racing quads.

I see only two cons:

1. Almost 1kg / 2 pounds sitting on your head
2. No bluetooth support for audio

I am little scared that it will have an app similar to DJI Go running on this device so the device will not be just a monitor.

Do you think you will be getting them even with no racing?

yes, well I could have at the time I posted this, but I was concerned about 2 things - having to get an HDMI mod for my controller ( I believe I need this) and 2) wait for the bugs to be worked out - if any)

yes, well I could have at the time I posted this, but I was concerned about 2 things - having to get an HDMI mod for my controller ( I believe I need this) and 2) wait for the bugs to be worked out - if any)
If there are bugs they will most likely be fixed by firmware updates, so might as well enjoy the goggles in the meantime. And if you have a P4P you will not need the HDMI option as all connectivity (including video) is via USB, at least according to the User Manual.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan