DJI Goggles arrived but wont activate on P4 - Activated now by using a Mavic

If you connect the DJI Goggles to your remote controller via a USB cable, you cannot raise them up and start using your iPad. It's not possible to connect your iPad and the DJI Goggles to the remote controller via the USB port at the same time.

If you want that kind of functionality, you'll need to connect the DJI Goggles to the HDMI port on the HDMI Output Module. They of course will then only be usable as an external display. You'll lose the head tracking and other menus in the DJI Goggles. You basically cannot have your cake and eat it too unless you're flying a Mavic.

Well had my DJI Goggles for over a week now and still loving them, a few points I have noted below

1. On my Phantom 4 I can only seem to get 720P/30 mode on the Goggles, even after selecting other modes Smooth, 1080P etc they stay in 720P/30?

2. Shame the head tracking modes don't (yet) work on the P4 as these modes look great when using the Goggles on my friends Mavic

3. My flight stats (Growth of Value) don't increase when just using the Goggles i.e No phone/tablet connect since USB port on controller is in use by the Goggles - this needs to be fixed by DJI

4. I find it is much easier to fly now sitting down while using the Goggles - need to remember to take a fold up chair from now on

5. Using the my Range booster parabolic antenna clip on thingy's are not as effective now as I used to always point/move the direction I was flying before using Goggles to help with reception, now using Goggles you loose your orientation so you could be flying behind you therefore loosing connection since these are a directional thing.

Overall loving the Goggles but it does take a little time to used to flying all the time with them on, and sometime if you just want to have a quick blast around in sports mode then I dont use the Goggles.

Frosty

I got my Goggles today, and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. First of all the manual is very confusing. I'm flying a P4Pro+

The Goggles work fine when connected via MicroUSB to the USB port on the Pro+ controller... HOWEVER,
1) By having the USB plugged into the controller and the Goggles, the Goggles continue to charge off the controller. What good is this??? So when I use the Goggles, I have to sacrifice controller battery life? Am I really seeing this? Plug your Goggles into the controller via USB and see if the charge light starts flashing on the Goggles.

2) Yes, head tracking gimbal mode works, BUT, only when you have the P4Pro+ connected via USB, NOT when it's connected via HDMI.

3) When connected via USB, and you are flying all of the flight details: speed, altitude, distance, etc. are displayed in Metric, with no apparent way to switch to Imperial (MPH / Feet) -- REGARDLESS of what you have the controller configured for. I have my controller set up in Imperial units, and still the HUD on the Goggles displays Metric. WTF DJI?!?!?

4) I've had 3 total freeze-ups while in flight and a bunch of other SUPER WONKY stuff going on. Three times while I was in mid-flight, the display froze up, became completely grayscale, and I had to take off the Goggles, and fly via line of site, back to my position. THIS behavior freaks me out. Additionally, one time, the altitude was completely incorrect. It said i was at 400'AGL when i was only 10' above my head, yet, it still enabled me to climb to the actual 400' altitude, which then read on the display as almost 800'.

I did 2 test flights tonight, during twilight, without the Goggles and everything behaved as normal.

The 'auto' charging issue and the metric data may be deal breakers for me. I dunno. While I think the display is gorgeous, I don't feel like it's totally immersive as I thought it would be. You can't really take off and land while wearing the Goggles unless you are truly in a wide open space. I don't know. Perhaps my expectations were too high.

Anyone else experiencing what I am???

Well had my DJI Goggles for over a week now and still loving them, a few points I have noted below

1. On my Phantom 4 I can only seem to get 720P/30 mode on the Goggles, even after selecting other modes Smooth, 1080P etc they stay in 720P/30?

2. Shame the head tracking modes don't (yet) work on the P4 as these modes look great when using the Goggles on my friends Mavic

3. My flight stats (Growth of Value) don't increase when just using the Goggles i.e No phone/tablet connect since USB port on controller is in use by the Goggles - this needs to be fixed by DJI

4. I find it is much easier to fly now sitting down while using the Goggles - need to remember to take a fold up chair from now on

5. Using the my Range booster parabolic antenna clip on thingy's are not as effective now as I used to always point/move the direction I was flying before using Goggles to help with reception, now using Goggles you loose your orientation so you could be flying behind you therefore loosing connection since these are a directional thing.

Overall loving the Goggles but it does take a little time to used to flying all the time with them on, and sometime if you just want to have a quick blast around in sports mode then I dont use the Goggles.

Frosty

Head tracking works for me on the P4 as long as I'm connected via USB. Have you tried that? Connect through USB then swipe down with 2 fingers to change modes?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers