DJI Go would like to connect to C1

New App this morning 2.9.2 haven't tried it yet but hope the bug was fixed!!

Ah. It this is with 2.9.2!

It came back to me too this morning! :/

Here's how I made it go away this time around:

-Exit/Close DJI app while your iOS device is connected to the remote.
-Press C1 while being on your homepage.
-Allow the prompt for DJI Go to connect to C1

This should launch the app and you can click away C1 the prompt is gone.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

OK Success...I think. The latest app update appears to have cured it for me. Half a dozen or so flights with shutdowns in between and I never saw the fault. BUT don't shout hurrah! just yet. The craft seemed very lethargic in its control response, and full scale deflection of the control stick fwd gave me approx 5m/s forward speed (winds were light) in P mode. Craft seemed lively as usual in Sport mode. Have not found anything obvious so far......(Not in beginner mode) any suggestions?....

I have just tried again IMU recal Compass recal. Controller recal. Shutdown reset and restart. The only issue now is forward I get about 25% of normal aircraft response to fwd stick movement, Back,L and R all normal?????

Last edited:
Try going down. I've noticed my bird seems lethargic at times. I mostly see it when trying to come down in P mode. Switch to Sport and like you were saying, normal.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Try going down. I've noticed my bird seems lethargic at times. I mostly see it when trying to come down in P mode. Switch to Sport and like you were saying, normal.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
My P4 is always lethargic in P mode with obstacle avoidance enabled. It will only fly about 15mph in calm conditions. Turn off OA and P mode will likely work better, 30-33mph

My P4 is always lethargic in P mode with obstacle avoidance enabled. It will only fly about 15mph in calm conditions. Turn off OA and P mode will likely work better, 30-33mph

John you may just have put me on to something. I wonder if the software only allows a forward speed such that it can stop to avoid an impact. That would seem very sensible to program the logic of the craft this way. That would imply that the braking setting might have an effect on the maximum forward speed. I will test this theory tomorrow because I have set my braking to a mid setting to avoid the severe pitching and motor revving that max braking causes. I suspect that obstacle avoidance programming will have access to maximum manoeuvre capability irrespective of settings.
I will report back.........

DJI need to rethink the GO apps and split them by technology. Right now in the same GO app is data for the Inspire, Phantom, OSMO. Many of us only have one technology and don't need all the other stuff in there.
So DJI, make one GO app for drones and another OSMO app for the other stuff. You have to change from drone to OSMO to operate them, not so hard to close one app and open another.
Too many codes in the same container is asking for troubles.

I think the GO app is essentially 4 separate apps. However the app senses the device and loads the appropriate app version. It's really not one app fits all. It simply selects the appropriate app version for you. Very clever I think.

You can see that happen with your Inspire controller before you turn on your P4 to fly. The app senses an Inspire controller, so it loads the Inspire app. But when you turn on your P4 that's linked to your Inspire controller, you can see it immediately load the P4 app.

John you may just have put me on to something. I wonder if the software only allows a forward speed such that it can stop to avoid an impact. That would seem very sensible to program the logic of the craft this way. That would imply that the braking setting might have an effect on the maximum forward speed. I will test this theory tomorrow because I have set my braking to a mid setting to avoid the severe pitching and motor revving that max braking causes. I suspect that obstacle avoidance programming will have access to maximum manoeuvre capability irrespective of settings.
I will report back.........

So it has taken a while to get back to you. 2.9.2 fixed the IOS 10 C1 problem but caused forward flight in P mode to be probably about 10% of normal response. I tried all of the above mentioned ideas but no change. After lengthy discussions with DJI they concluded that the P4 was faulty. I was able to have it exchanged but the replacement was exactly the same. DJI suggested trying again but with an android device. This too produced the same performance. So at the moment my drone is rendered useless! DJI Go 3 has been released but that has not cured the problem. It has however caused the C1 issue to return. Is anybody else seeing this?

I've been using a mini iPad 2 and so far I haven't had any problems whatsoever, and my pictures and video are excellent! I'd say both my p4 and hero 4 camera wise are the best I've ever seen. I hope you all get some kind of solution to your problems!

Can you guys confirm the consensus is this "DJI connect to C1" dialog ONLY happens after upgrading an Apple device to IOS 10? Android users aren't seeing this?

I'm wondering if DJI has tested IOS10. I've never seen a notice about that, saying IOS10 is OK. Am I wrong?

I saw it for the first time time today, which also was my first flight since upgrading my iPad Pro to iOS 10

I saw it for the first time time today, which also was my first flight since upgrading my iPad Pro to iOS 10

Hi, For me it happened as soon as I upgraded to IOS 10. DJI issued Go 2.9.2 which fixed it. For me however 2.9.2 caused a new issue with forward control being very very subdued!! DJI then released Go 3.0. This did not fix my Forward control issue but it did bring back the C1 fault. Right now I a bit frustrated, my drone is unflyable and has been for weeks. I seem to be alone with the control issue AND I have had the P4 replaced. I flew it out of the box with all default settings. I also flew it with both IOS and Android devices. I even flew it with no display device attached. On every occasion forward flight will only achieve about 5m/s after some time. Before you ask beginner mode not active. All other settings normal EXP etc. This issue only apparent in P mode, Sport mode is fine. This issue on two Phantoms?? DJI were trying to help me but they have gone quiet!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj