DJI GO won't connect to RC

sar104

Dic mihi solum facta, domina.
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
My iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6 were completely wiped (don't ask why) and then set up again as new devices (not from backup). Having downloaded and reinstalled DJI GO, neither will now connect to the RC/P4. The equipment screen just shows the "How to connect" button instead of the "Camera" button. It doesn't seem to matter whether the apps are logged into my DJI account or not. Litchi will not connect either. My Nexus 7 connects just fine, apart from the usual egregious video lag.

I've seen various threads about problems connecting after restoring new iOS devices from previous backups, but I don't recall anyone having this problem with brand new, factory-reset devices, and none of the solutions suggested seem to be applicable in this case.

Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious?

I had a problem like this, now solved. Read in the forum for the same topic. I think the solution is to clear the cache in the app. Delete app and then load app again. Check forum if this doesn't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Go to the main page of the go app.

2. Go to the "me" button. Clear all the cache (in settings menu that looks like a little gear).

3. Delete the app.

4. Back up your tab or phone via direct iTunes, not cloud.

5. Go to settings in iOS and erase all contents and settings.

6. Restore the device from your back up via iTunes, not cloud.

7. Re-download the go-app.

8. Turn on remote first.

9. Turn on craft second.

10. Launch the go app.

11. Connect the cable from device to bird.

Problem solved.

The reason this works is because the firmware cache in the Go App is confused. I am a hobbyist coder and had to dig to find out that the caches firmware is confusing it. Don't know how or why DJI hasn't fixed this issue as its only a software update but this will work.

Last edited:
1. Go to the main page of the go app.

2. Go to the "me" button. Clear all the cache.

3. Delete the app.

4. Back up your tab or phone via direct iTunes, not cloud.

5. Go to settings in iOS and erase all contents and settings.

6. Restore the device from your back up via iTunes, not cloud.

7. Re-download the go-app.

8. Turn on remote first.

9. Turn on craft second.

10. Launch the go app.

11. Connect the cable from device to bird.

Problem solved.

The reason this works is because the firmware cache in the Go App is confused. I am a hobbyist coder and had to dig to find out that the caches firmware is confusing it. Don't know how or why DJI hasn't fixed this issue as its only a software update but this will work.

Thanks for those details. I think that you are correct in relation to the connection problems that have been quite widely reported on this forum. The problem here is that there is no backup, in iTunes or iCloud, for these devices; they were erased and set up as new so I don't see how there can have been any cache left on them. For what it's worth, the firmware cache shows empty in the settings too. I can try another full erase and setup, but as far as I can see there is nothing different that I can do, unless I'm still missing something important. Very puzzling.

Thanks for those details. I think that you are correct in relation to the connection problems that have been quite widely reported on this forum. The problem here is that there is no backup, in iTunes or iCloud, for these devices; they were erased and set up as new so I don't see how there can have been any cache left on them. For what it's worth, the firmware cache shows empty in the settings too. I can try another full erase and setup, but as far as I can see there is nothing different that I can do, unless I'm still missing something important. Very puzzling.
Regardless, just do this and I'm pretty confident it will work.

PM me. I'll give you my number and walk you through it.

PM me. I'll give you my number and walk you through it.

Standby - one more attempt - I'm setting it up via iTunes rather than just its own "erase contents and settings" option. That's as close as I can get to your method, since I don't have a backup to restore from, but I noticed that someone on the DJI forums with the same problem also found that the iTunes method worked when the self-erase method didn't.

OK - erasing and setting up from scratch via iTunes worked. So erasing and setting up an iPad by itself is not equivalent to doing it via iTunes, even if there is no backup being restored in either case. Which does make some sense, because once I used the iTunes method again, which I haven't done for several years now, I realized that the computer downloads and reinstalls the entire iOS operating system. Obviously the iPad doesn't do that if it reinitializes itself.

It also means that deleting an app, even though it says that it will delete the app and all associated data, does not necessarily remove everything related to that app from the device.

Thanks again for the assistance.

OK - erasing and setting up from scratch via iTunes worked. So erasing and setting up an iPad by itself is not equivalent to doing it via iTunes, even if there is no backup being restored in either case. Which does make some sense, because once I used the iTunes method again, which I haven't done for several years now, I realized that the computer downloads and reinstalls the entire iOS operating system. Obviously the iPad doesn't do that if it reinitializes itself.

It also means that deleting an app, even though it says that it will delete the app and all associated data, does not necessarily remove everything related to that app from the device.

Thanks again for the assistance.
No problem.

Yeah, don't know the exact reason but erasing the cache and doing the hard (not cloud) reboot from iTunes is the key to it working. It was after lots of research from various methods, that this listed approach is the only one that works for everyone.

Yay. Glad it worked.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl