DJI GO with old P3A version?

Reaction score
I don't know which version I have on the P3A, but I guess it's the old 1.2.6.

Do I need to update the bird to the latest version in order to make the app work or will it be fine?

PS: could you guys tell me which devices I should update to the latest version right now? (battery, controller, bird..)

Thanks a lot! :)

There's a How to Update FW on the DJI website. You should read it and do exactly what they say. My first attempt to update lasted 3 days of trying to undo and figure out what I did wrong. In the manual, they say to update Aircraft, Battery (which will do at the same time), then Remote, then the app. But follow the steps in the manual. There's one for each FW version.
Good luck. and keep reading the forum.

You can fly with the new app and a old version.
I fly with 1.19 and the new IOS app

I flew 1.2.6 with the new DJI Go app, it worked fine, no problems. However the next day I updated the p3p to 1.3, and that works great too

Question- if I buy a new battery do I have to update FW? I'm happy with the bird just the way it is. Why mess with FW anytime I buy a new battery?

Question- if I buy a new battery do I have to update FW? I'm happy with the bird just the way it is. Why mess with FW anytime I buy a new battery?
You should update the new battery, by putting the .bin file on a blank card and starting it up. It will only update the battery if your bird's firmware is the latest.

You should update the new battery, by putting the .bin file on a blank card and starting it up. It will only update the battery if your bird's firmware is the latest.
Thanks, Snerd. not arguing, but I take it there's no choice to stay on the current software and I have to upgrade FW at gunpoint?:D

Thanks, Snerd. not arguing, but I take it there's no choice to stay on the current software and I have to upgrade FW at gunpoint?:D
Oh, you're running older firmware? Yeah, I don't think you can update the batteries to the newest with older firmware on the bird. If you can, someone will correct me.

Oh, you're running older firmware? Yeah, I don't think you can update the batteries to the newest with older firmware on the bird. If you can, someone will correct me.
I have no idea what I got. I purchased the P3P locally in Phoenix, AZ, company called TCI. they did all the upgrading and function testing in their place while I watched. I thought getting a new battery was a simple process, just charge it and fly... but I guess not.

I have no idea what I got. I purchased the P3P locally in Phoenix, AZ, company called TCI. they did all the upgrading and function testing in their place while I watched. I thought getting a new battery was a simple process, just charge it and fly... but I guess not.
Hmmm........... I'm sure you can try it, it may work okay. I'm just not sure how hard and fast the battery FW interacts with the birds firmware. I would think the new battery might not need an update when flying with older bird firmware. Surely one of the more knowledgeable members here can inform us.

You can run whatever firmware you like - whether that's a wise decision or not.
It's up to you what you choose to do.
But ... Why would you not want to update battery firmware?
Presumably DJI have only tweaked the battery firmware to improve power management and battery life.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4