DJI Go Will not connect / won't go past "Connect" screen

Reaction score
Ok here is my plight. Aircraft firmware 1.4 (latest available) Controller 3.?? (updated when i got it in august) DJI go 2.4 on an (ipad mini 2, ipad air 2,iphone 6 plus, ipad mini 1) yes i've tried them all. Have even wiped out one ipad and reverted back to dji go before 2.4. ( wish i had a copy of the old dji pilot)

Now the aircraft will fly. No problems. Links with the remote, takes pictures, movies everything. Tried numerous cables thats not it.. I'm at wits end. everything worked great the last time i flew.

Is the usb port dead?? Any help would be great and appreciated.

Thanks

Reactions: Poundofnuts
What is it you are not getting, is it video? You didn't really say.

Ok here is my plight. Aircraft firmware 1.4 (latest available) Controller 3.?? (updated when i got it in august) DJI go 2.4 on an (ipad mini 2, ipad air 2,iphone 6 plus, ipad mini 1) yes i've tried them all. Have even wiped out one ipad and reverted back to dji go before 2.4. ( wish i had a copy of the old dji pilot)

Now the aircraft will fly. No problems. Links with the remote, takes pictures, movies everything. Tried numerous cables thats not it.. I'm at wits end. everything worked great the last time i flew.

Thanks
You don't have the latest controller update..if August was the update... See my signature... All the latest are posted there

Cannot get into the "camera view" to enable the upgrade.
Reformat the Sd card on your computer.. A bad format will stop the connection...maybe that will help

Reformat the Sd card on your computer.. A bad format will stop the connection...maybe that will help
Tried no less tan 3 sd cards same with each. tried to "upload" firmware 3.1? via a usb stick and nothing from the controller just a red not connected light. Keep in mind that the rc "does" communicate with the p3 it will do everything as it should, i have flown it with no issues other than naturally without the fpv and the use of dji go.

i do appreciate everyones thoughts. i'm still trying and reading away. I've even ordered an hdmi upgrade board just to try a "different" usb port

thanks again

rich

You don't have the latest controller update..if August was the update... See my signature... All the latest are posted there
Bobmyers, do you believe us now? This problem is WIDESPREAD and affecting tons of users. Just like the App Store reviews read....DJI's latest updates have screwed us.

Last edited:
Reactions: n3srj

Thanks
Tons of us are having the same problem. It has to do with the latest updates. It's not the cables or SD cards, it's the software. It's like the latest update has broken lightbridge.

Just for the record. Went to Best Buy to pick up my p3 (standard) yes i ordered one last week 100 bucks off.. Used the same iphone 6 plus.. used the same DJI go software and guess what it connected to the standard.. no issues.. /dl the "Standards" firmware upgrade. and all worked successfully. Its amazing that it connects via wifi to the cheaper drone and doesnt work worth a crap on the "pro" drone.. DJI..?? comments.. ohh and i tried it one more time on the pro.. yea you guessed it naa daa Hope the hdmi/usb port cures it or off to china this P.O.S goes!

Sorry i'm truly frustrated after spending 1.3k for the top of the line..you would think it would work!

Just for the record. Went to Best Buy to pick up my p3 (standard) yes i ordered one last week 100 bucks off.. Used the same iphone 6 plus.. used the same DJI go software and guess what it connected to the standard.. no issues.. /dl the "Standards" firmware upgrade. and all worked successfully. Its amazing that it connects via wifi to the cheaper drone and doesnt work worth a crap on the "pro" drone.. DJI..?? comments.. ohh and i tried it one more time on the pro.. yea you guessed it naa daa Hope the hdmi/usb port cures it or off to china this P.O.S goes!

Sorry i'm truly frustrated after spending 1.3k for the top of the line..you would think it would work!
I feel your pain loud and clear, I'm so frustrated that DJI hasn't released a **** update yet to fix what the last one broke. You know it's a software issue when numerous of people have been flying fine and then suddenly can't get a video feed after the latest updates. I honestly believe it has to do with the latest controller software update and the latest DJI GO update not playing well together. Be sure to rate the latest version of the POS DJI GO app in the App Store with a glorious 1 star and state the problems it gave you, hopefully will notice. While you're there, you can read all of the sh!tty reviews people have been giving it, because they're having the same problem we are.

Bobmyers, do you believe us now? This problem is WIDESPREAD and affecting tons of users. Just like the App Store reviews read....DJI's latest updates have screwed us.

Its not that I don't believe you, but many of these complaints result from updates being done out of sequence or folks leaving out or ignoring important steps which further complicate the process. Not to say that some don't have legitimate complaints, because of specific unidentified issues in their P3 or controller. But to make a general statement and blame it all on upgrades is rather far reaching. If this affected most of the folks upgrading, you would see many more posts regarding this then you are seeing now. As I stated before, people don't come here to broadcast successes with the upgrades but they will come here for sure when they have an issue and hit a dead end, which is one of the primary reasons this Forum exists.

I made a mistake on my first upgrade when I received my P3 back in May and ran up against a brick wall-- except some friendly folks here were kind enough to tell me that the bin file belonged in the root directory (just like the instructions read) -- but I conveniently placed it in the folder that the with the instructions that the zip file created. Didn't work very well in that folder. Point is read and listen to everyone, you may find the answer. There are folks buying the P3, taking it out of the box and trying to fly it without even downloading the Manual and reading that-- Is it any wonder that they are hear trying to figure out how to upgrade.

Cheers -- I hope you find your issue soon and get the problems resolved:)

This could be a long shot, but most wireless routers use 2.4ghz as well as the P3 does for video. We can change the channel number for the P3 with the go app, but we can also change the router channel through most router GUI's. For those with the video link problem, try changing your router channel as well... Worth a try

FYI, My router uses channel 11 without any video problems for what it's worth

Last edited:
As i suspected It was the USB board! Got the new multi hdmi board today.. swaped them out and gee imagine that it connected and i got into the camera section.. did the update and all is well. Thanks to ZERO DJI support and ZERO DJI intervention. I guess I should be thankfull it only cost my 4 days and 99 bucks to fix it.

Add me to the list that DJI support is non-existent in my opinion. Thanks to all that took the time to respond.

Reactions: Michael Dale
So it wouldn't go into camera view because the USB board was bad? Mine is doing the same thing...I open the app and it doesn't even give me the option for camera view.

If it still say's connect after trying several cords and usb thumb drives , reloading the software, standing on your head, playing ball with the dog, spending an hour with dji's online tech support, having anger emotions towards dji then after all that .....you betcha its the board!

Ordered mine saturday online ebay got it today genuine dji part, took 10 min to install.

Reactions: Michael Dale
What does the website say? "Simply connect your device, launch the app, and go!"...sure
ahh yep that was what they said..

Dear Richard,

Thank you for contacting DJI North America. You will need to update the RC to 1.4 since the aircraft is updated to 1.4. You can find the RC update through the DJI GO APP.

On Sat, Oct 31 at 8:26 AM , n3srj <[email protected]> wrote:
Products: Phantom 3 Professional
Name: richard beaver
Email: [email protected]
Dealers: Best Buy
Tel:
Subject: dji appwill not conncet
Message: Cannot get a connection from my ipad or iphone via the rc. Rc connects just fine to the p3 and flies fine. Just will not connect to the rc.. firmware upgraded on aircraft v 1.4 Rc firmware upgrade to 1.3. DJI ios app ver 2.4 whats wrong with this thing!!

Hey stupid people i said it won't CONNECT.. DUH

ahh yep that was what they said..

Dear Richard,

Thank you for contacting DJI North America. You will need to update the RC to 1.4 since the aircraft is updated to 1.4. You can find the RC update through the DJI GO APP.

On Sat, Oct 31 at 8:26 AM , n3srj <[email protected]> wrote:
Products: Phantom 3 Professional
Name: richard beaver
Email: [email protected]
Dealers: Best Buy
Tel:
Subject: dji appwill not conncet
Message: Cannot get a connection from my ipad or iphone via the rc. Rc connects just fine to the p3 and flies fine. Just will not connect to the rc.. firmware upgraded on aircraft v 1.4 Rc firmware upgrade to 1.3. DJI ios app ver 2.4 whats wrong with this thing!!

Hey stupid people i said it won't CONNECT.. DUH

my reply to them...

Wrong Wrong Wrong…. USB port was bad was not functioning on the RC. I spent the 99 bucks and Ordered a new hdmi multi board and imagine that i CAN connect now and CAN upgrade as you stated below.

After spending 1300 on a drone in august ..Use it 3 times…It only cost me $99.00 more to make it work..

I guess i should be gratefull that at least you answered the email!

-Richard

a loyal customer but not a fan of your support!

my reply to them...

Wrong Wrong Wrong…. USB port was bad was not functioning on the RC. I spent the 99 bucks and Ordered a new hdmi multi board and imagine that i CAN connect now and CAN upgrade as you stated below.

After spending 1300 on a drone in august ..Use it 3 times…It only cost me $99.00 more to make it work..

I guess i should be gratefull that at least you answered the email!

-Richard

a loyal customer but not a fan of your support!
Yes, the reply stinks, but you are the winner in the long run, the HDMI board is a must it you want to fly and not battle the bright sunlight. I am using the new headplay monitor and it is awesome:):)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20