DJI go update for iOS

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2017-02-05 at 09.02.28.png
Another update for go.

I intend on using my iPad Air with the controller, however, the App Store version doesn't list P3SE as one of the selectable craft. Plus, I am seeing a lot of bad reviews about this latest update. Is Litchi the go-to if DJI GO is a no-go?

I intend on using my iPad Air with the controller, however, the App Store version doesn't list P3SE as one of the selectable craft. Plus, I am seeing a lot of bad reviews about this latest update. Is Litchi the go-to if DJI GO is a no-go?

Make sure that you are looking for DJI GO on the app store, and not DJI GO 4 - the latter is for P4 and newer drones, with the original GO app being used for p3 series/inspire 1.
I hope that helps :)

Adam

Reactions: Tarkington Studios
Make sure that you are looking for DJI GO on the app store, and not DJI GO 4 - the latter is for P4 and newer drones, with the original GO app being used for p3 series/inspire 1.
I hope that helps :)

Adam

Thanks Adam. What are your thoughts regarding Litchi? I'm seeing a lot of scary reviews. [emoji51]

Thanks Adam. What are your thoughts regarding Litchi? I'm seeing a lot of scary reviews. [emoji51]

I haven't used Litchi a great deal to be honest - i bought it a couple if years ago but mainly stuck with the official app.
That changed the other day when i tried to fly my Inspire1 and P4P at the same time.
DJI GO worked fine on my Ipad Mini2, but kept crashing on my Galaxy S6 every time it opened the camera view.
Litchi seems to only work on my phone if it is the only drone control app installed - i had to remove both GO and GO4 for Litchi to connect to the Inspire.
Once connected though, Litchi seemed to work like a charm - so much so that i wont bother installing the DJI apps on my phone again. I will just use Litchi on it if i need to fly 2 drones.
I am not aware of the conplaints with Litchi, unless they revolve around the apparent incompatibility with GO on som3 devices?

Cheers

Adam

I haven't used Litchi a great deal to be honest - i bought it a couple if years ago but mainly stuck with the official app.
That changed the other day when i tried to fly my Inspire1 and P4P at the same time.
DJI GO worked fine on my Ipad Mini2, but kept crashing on my Galaxy S6 every time it opened the camera view.
Litchi seems to only work on my phone if it is the only drone control app installed - i had to remove both GO and GO4 for Litchi to connect to the Inspire.
Once connected though, Litchi seemed to work like a charm - so much so that i wont bother installing the DJI apps on my phone again. I will just use Litchi on it if i need to fly 2 drones.
I am not aware of the conplaints with Litchi, unless they revolve around the apparent incompatibility with GO on som3 devices?

Cheers

Adam

When at the App Store, I was scrolling through the reviews for Litichi, more than once people are losing their drones. Then again, I see people that swear by it. I'm using an android and an iPad. I prefer the iPad for the larger screen, opposed to the android which is just a phone (with no gyro, but not even sure if I need gyro with Litchi). There seems to be significant differences between the same apps depending on whether one chooses the iOS or the android version. If I want to use VR, I have to go with my android. Etc, etc, etc...

Guess it's just trial and error, but dang if I want to see my brand new drone do some crazy stuff and fly off to parts unknown, or worse. I live way up in the mountains of Northern Spain, and depending on where you're at, (mountain top vs valley, dense forest) when you lose a drone here, finding it can turn out be a trek worthy of Nat Geo or Bear Gryles.[emoji856] This is literally my backyard... looks harmless enough, but PEOPLE also get lost here. [emoji576]

Thanks for your time, advice and assistance, Adam. Hopefully I will be posting success stories in the future, as opposed to those of the horror genre. ☠️

15823f8acd56ff1f258aabdeaabecd67.jpg

Last edited:
When at the App Store, I was scrolling through the reviews for Litichi, more than once people are losing their drones. Then again, I see people that swear by it. I'm using an android and an iPad. I prefer the iPad for the larger screen, opposed to the android which is just a phone (with no gyro, but not even sure if I need gyro with Litchi). There seems to be significant differences between the same apps depending on whether one chooses the iOS or the android version. If I want to use VR, I have to go with my android. Etc, etc, etc...

Guess it's just trial and error, but dang if I want to see my brand new drone do some crazy stuff and fly off to parts unknown, or worse. I live way up in the mountains of Northern Spain, and depending on where you're at, (mountain top vs valley, dense forest) when you lose a drone here, finding it can turn out be a trek worthy of Nat Geo or Bear Gryles.[emoji856] This is literally my backyard... looks harmless enough, but PEOPLE also get lost here. [emoji576]

Thanks for your time, advice and assistance, Adam. Hopefully I will be posting success stories in the future, as opposed to those of the horror genre. ☠️

The reviews by people "losing their drones" are almost assuredly due to pilot error, not Litchi. You'll find that to be the case here as well when people post about crashes, etc. while using Litchi. Bad reviews,without great detail, are worthless in my book. Remember, most reviews are written by the "general public", a resolutely uninformed group, widely known for their astounding ignorance.

Several years ago there was an antivirus app for phones (I can't remember if it was IOS or Android). People paid a few dollars for this app. The reviews were great, extolling how well it worked, how it didn't slow down their phone, etc. it seemed to be a wonderful thing...until someone knowledgeable actually looked at the code and discovered it did absolutely nothing. No antivirus activity, no activity at all other than a pretty screen and icon. It was quickly removed from the store. All those great reviews from the gullible and ignorant "general public" for a product that did nothing. Sort of an electronic "snake oil", if you will.

THAT is why I say to be very careful reading or giving credence to reviews. Always be mindful of the source.

BTW, you have a gorgeous back yard.

The reviews by people "losing their drones" are almost assuredly due to pilot error, not Litchi. You'll find that to be the case here as well when people post about crashes, etc. while using Litchi. Bad reviews,without great detail, are worthless in my book. Remember, most reviews are written by the "general public", a resolutely uninformed group, widely known for their astounding ignorance.

Several years ago there was an antivirus app for phones (I can't remember if it was IOS or Android). People paid a few dollars for this app. The reviews were great, extolling how well it worked, how it didn't slow down their phone, etc. it seemed to be a wonderful thing...until someone knowledgeable actually looked at the code and discovered it did absolutely nothing. No antivirus activity, no activity at all other than a pretty screen and icon. It was quickly removed from the store. All those great reviews from the gullible and ignorant "general public" for a product that did nothing. Sort of an electronic "snake oil", if you will.

THAT is why I say to be very careful reading or giving credence to reviews. Always be mindful of the source.

BTW, you have a gorgeous back yard.

I tend to take reviews with a grain of salt. But, I am just trying to be as careful as I can since I don't own a money tree. Thanks, yeah... I live literally 5 mins walking from that natural park. All high places take anywhere from 1-4 hours or more hiking/climbing depending on which mountain is chosen... but worth it when you arrive. :)
52e3f98799946474d67e1cdcbb01e751.jpg

Guess it's just trial and error, but dang if I want to see my brand new drone do some crazy stuff and fly off to parts unknown, or worse. I live way up in the mountains of Northern Spain, and depending on where you're at, (mountain top vs valley, dense forest) when you lose a drone here, finding it can turn out be a trek worthy of Nat Geo or Bear Gryles.
emoji856.png
This is literally my backyard... looks harmless enough, but PEOPLE also get lost here.
emoji576.png

Mate your backyard looks amazing!
I have never been to Spain, but i feken LOVE Spanish food!!!
Back on topic - that is more or less why i haven't flown with Litchi much - if GO has an error and i can prove it with my flight logs, at least i have a reasonable case for replacement.
With that said, most of the time people lose drones is due to pilot error - things like wrong RTH settings, flying batteries too low, or incorrect waypoint settings are all seemingly common mistakes for newbies.
Personally i don't use waypoints often, and if i do it is generally a mapping grid flown by dronedeploy.

Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl