DJI Go update 2.8.4 has broken logging tools :(

Reaction score
Updated to Android 2.8.4 vr. and now my birds log files are next to useless.
Upload a new .txt file to DJI viewer and if I get anything back it's a few lines of complete rubbish, all text is coloured red and values presented are incorrect,

Grabbed a new .dat file off the bird and used Buds .dat converter to get a .csv file which I can read in Excell. Upload the resulting csv file to DJI viewer and it returns no data what so ever.

For some reason Healthy Drones appears to read the .txt file and seems to output correct information? But as we know the information is limited.

This isn't looking good for those of us that routinely monitor their log files :(

Hopefully this is something that will be corrected soon in an update to our firmware.

RedHotpoker

Progress!

Yes, it's probably (hopefully) just a field that got added, subtracted or moved. I'm sure as soon as Bud Walker sees this he will drop whatever he is doing and rush to fix it.....-

Progress!

Yes, it's probably (hopefully) just a field that got added, subtracted or moved. I'm sure as soon as Bud Walker sees this he will drop whatever he is doing and rush to fix it.....-
I hope you are correct !

But I have a funny feeling DJI doesn't like having to answer to facts based statements for warranty claims. Thus they want hide the critical flight data from us. Then there is no way to dispute DJI's assessment.

DJI started encrypting the data in the TXT flight logs in recent DJI GO releases. Most log viewers are now broken since they are not expecting the data to be encrypted.

DJI started encrypting the data in the TXT flight logs in recent DJI GO releases. Most log viewers are now broken since they are not expecting the data to be encrypted.

Thanks msinger,

Looks like they did such a good job their own online viewer can't even read the files!

Are the .dat files still usable?

R
Thanks msinger,

Looks like they did such a good job their own online viewer can't even read the files!

Are the .dat files still usable?

The answer is yes. But at this time the best option is to roll back the firmware version and stay there until a working solution is available. I stopped upgrading my aircraft firmware at v1.4.1.

What is the best fw to roll back too?I have thr same issue logs can't be read at all full of non sens numbet like 72v on cell 3 80min of flying on my oem battery lol

Sent from my SM-N9005 using PhantomPilots mobile app

It was the app update that caused the latest issue with the .txt files. So firmware isn't the culprit.

Or are u saying a firmware changed the .dat file format and thus .dat files are the issue?

Or are u saying a firmware changed the .dat file format and thus .dat files are the issue?
The DAT files have not been encrypted (yet).

DJI has an online viewer?

DJI has an online viewer?.

I am SO SORRY msinger !!!
All this time I thought I was using a DJI tool, didn't even think to look at the URL!
So embarrassing <crawl under a rock>

Ah, no worries. I thought maybe you knew about some secret log viewer that we haven't heard of ;)

I am SO SORRY msinger !!!
All this time I thought I was using a DJI tool, didn't even think to look at the URL!
So embarrassing <crawl under a rock>

So what link were you trying to view your logs from?

It was the app update that caused the latest issue with the .txt files. So firmware isn't the culprit.

I see msinger got you straight on the info. But I do want to mention about firmware. If and when you roll back firmware, they have made it so you can only go back 1 version. And there is some firmware versions that come out that you can not roll back. I can't think right off what some of the actual versions are, but and example of what I'm trying to say is, version 1.7.0 is non-rollback. This is suppose to be like this with Remote Controller firmware as well.

So it could be a possibility that when the next firmware for the aircraft comes out, it could have encrypted DAT flight logs, and be a non-rollback. That would mean no more reading flight logs of anykind.

I also try and remind everyone to make sure they set there app devices so it will not auto update the dji app! They have been known in the past to slip updates on users.

So if i roll back djigo will my log be good again?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I believe 2.8.3 and below is the good versions. I would suggest to completely delete, and install older version. There are people that has the apk of the version you need.

You can download old APKs here or here.

You can download old APKs here or here.

I just finished checking into this before logging in here this morning. It was the apkpure site that was better setup with details, ect.

Strange part was the link jogjasky is also a apkpure website.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj