DJI go update 2.8.0

Litchi also updated today.
Anyone check to see how well it can follow you around with vision tracking?
Tracking feature is a very risky feature. You need full light, single object, limited speed.....

Still waiting on my controller to come back. Last update literally erased all firmwear on it and i couldn't get any version back on it. Hopefully they will ship it out on Monday... Ugh.

I liked 2.7.2, it fixed some issues I had with the previous version. Lets see how this one works.

During the past 12 months, I've always updated everything for my P3P within a few days after it was released and never had serious problem.

The worst thing last year was when when one firmware release broke the VPS. It was fixed in the next release. It wasn't a bad problem anyway because it was easy to land manually.

It's been clear over this span of time, collectively, that all the new features and fixes have made it a better product.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dounin Front
Proceed with caution!!!!
After the previous update many of us had some really serious problems with the RC Signal and the HD Downlink Signal!!
So, as a wise man once said; "why change anything that's already good!"

I don't think I will dare to update the app, at least not for some time. If I don't hear about any issues about this update I will absolutely be thinking about doing the update. But for now, there will absolutely be no update on my app! Just because I'm afraid I will again run in to serious issues with this and that..
Woah, I am noticing the live feed flashing, and showing "Week Image Transmission", even though I am standing right next to it. The cached video is also corrupted. And this only happens on an iPhone 5. iPhone 6S does not have this issue. Did they upped the device requirement?

I'm flying my P4 with an Inspire RC using the 2.8 Go app. No problems so far, 4 flights. The Inspire RC seems to work better than the stock GL300C controller. I haven't tried 2.8 GO with my P3P yet, sorry.

Still waiting on my controller to come back. Last update literally erased all firmwear on it and i couldn't get any version back on it. Hopefully they will ship it out on Monday... Ugh.
It sounds like you tried up update the RC using a thumb drive in the USB port, when it's supposed to be updated through the Go app now. Is that what happened?

Mine so far seems OK with 2.8, I flew 3000 ft with no issue either, and just didn't go any further because it was a "quick" test, but still had solid signal and all bars.

I had serious issues with video downlink as well as rc, both on iphone 6 plus, and ipad air 2. went back to 2.6, all good now.

One thing I have noticed with my P4 and 2.8 go app that I just remembered is video artifacting, like weird green and yellow lines through the center of the tablet. Not sure if it does it with the P3 or not as if haven't tried yet. It could just be the P4 and a video feed issue, I will test and update, but something to consider or look out for.

I did a 4 Finger reset on my new GL300C controller . The GO App displayed 1.5.8 firmware, I clicked on it and then it displayed V. 1.6.0. Now I have Go App V.2.8,, aircraft V.1.8 and controller at V.1.6.0. I haven't fully checked it out but I did fly it today with no problems. Video recorded ok.

You may have noticed that the controller and aircraft have different firmware versions.

P3P ,Ipad Air 2,
Wally

It sounds like you tried up update the RC using a thumb drive in the USB port, when it's supposed to be updated through the Go app now. Is that what happened?

No...I updated thru the app, everything was fine. Flew 2 flight no issues. Then it asked me to update thru the app again, I complied and on restart my bird wouldn't link RC had all white lights.. However the app said latest was installed. I called DJI (oh boy) guy was said "no problem we get this all the time" he sent me to look for my version of RC firmwear thru the app. There was no version listed on the RC controller... (Long Pause) Put on hold and he comes back and says you have to load the earliest firmwear on there thru a memory stick. I tried multiple times to no avail. After calling back they sent me a shipping label and it's been in CA for about a week.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav