DJI Go Trick...

some of you may know of this... I just discovered it... so for those that have not...

One thing that always bothered me about the DJI Go app is that if I just wanted to look around in the app it seemed that I had to turn on the remote and the quad in order to get into the GO app...
so yesterday playing around I noticed that if you tap to open the app.. then when the picture of the phantom3 shows up.. there is a box below that says " How to Connect " .... this is no remote around or turned on and no quad around or turned on... so the screen is not going to let you open the main page of the GO app...

so a work around is when on the screen with the picture of the phantom 3 is present you just swipe the screen to the right and the Inspire picture will show... now just swipe the screen back to the left to the phantom 3 pic and now the box will change to " Camera " .... now click the box and your into the main page of the app... that way you can look at all of the menu items and play around with the app without having to drain your battery on the remote and/or quad....
Awesome! Thank you for sharing this!

I'm running IOS, I've always been able to get into the app without the Phantom or RC being on. I can access the Camera mode and get into menus, but whatever setting changes you make aren't saved unless the bird and RC are on

Works on my Air 2. The only thing I have found it useful for was to get accustomed to what is on the various menus since any setting you change won't take affect without the Phantom being attached. It is a good find since I can take my time to learn most of the menu options.

some of you may know of this... I just discovered it... so for those that have not...

One thing that always bothered me about the DJI Go app is that if I just wanted to look around in the app it seemed that I had to turn on the remote and the quad in order to get into the GO app...
so yesterday playing around I noticed that if you tap to open the app.. then when the picture of the phantom3 shows up.. there is a box below that says " How to Connect " .... this is no remote around or turned on and no quad around or turned on... so the screen is not going to let you open the main page of the GO app...

so a work around is when on the screen with the picture of the phantom 3 is present you just swipe the screen to the right and the Inspire picture will show... now just swipe the screen back to the left to the phantom 3 pic and now the box will change to " Camera " .... now click the box and your into the main page of the app... that way you can look at all of the menu items and play around with the app without having to drain your battery on the remote and/or quad....
Very cool! Thanks for the info.

nice find, though while it lets you in, keep in mind, a good chunk of the settings won't be available to view or set/change. Items like Camera settings for stills and video won't take, manual options, gain and Expo. I tried this some time ago so I could make changes to my setup and had no luck. You can navigate, but still need the phantom on if you want to configure or even view what your current settings are.
So that brings up a question. If you make changes to the Phantom in the DJI Go App, then switch to the Litchi App, will those changes show up? (I don't have the Litchi App yet so I can't try it.)

Just be aware that every time you update your GO app, you'll have to reconnect to your phantom once more, before you can access your "camera" "offline". I find you don't need to completely slide the image of your model to select another model--just "wiggle" your selection.
That explains why I can't get it to work. I updated about 15 minutes ago and wanted to try this "trick" but could not get it to work exactly right.

What I did (using iOS) was select Phantom3 "Standard" and it allowed me to at least tinker with some of the settings in the Go Ap.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.