DJI Go Trick...

Reaction score
some of you may know of this... I just discovered it... so for those that have not...

One thing that always bothered me about the DJI Go app is that if I just wanted to look around in the app it seemed that I had to turn on the remote and the quad in order to get into the GO app...
so yesterday playing around I noticed that if you tap to open the app.. then when the picture of the phantom3 shows up.. there is a box below that says " How to Connect " .... this is no remote around or turned on and no quad around or turned on... so the screen is not going to let you open the main page of the GO app...

so a work around is when on the screen with the picture of the phantom 3 is present you just swipe the screen to the right and the Inspire picture will show... now just swipe the screen back to the left to the phantom 3 pic and now the box will change to " Camera " .... now click the box and your into the main page of the app... that way you can look at all of the menu items and play around with the app without having to drain your battery on the remote and/or quad....

Good find. I did not know this.

some of you may know of this... I just discovered it... so for those that have not...

One thing that always bothered me about the DJI Go app is that if I just wanted to look around in the app it seemed that I had to turn on the remote and the quad in order to get into the GO app...
so yesterday playing around I noticed that if you tap to open the app.. then when the picture of the phantom3 shows up.. there is a box below that says " How to Connect " .... this is no remote around or turned on and no quad around or turned on... so the screen is not going to let you open the main page of the GO app...

so a work around is when on the screen with the picture of the phantom 3 is present you just swipe the screen to the right and the Inspire picture will show... now just swipe the screen back to the left to the phantom 3 pic and now the box will change to " Camera " .... now click the box and your into the main page of the app... that way you can look at all of the menu items and play around with the app without having to drain your battery on the remote and/or quad....

Great tip! Especially for posting on here when you're not at home.

That's news to me and extremely helpful. Thank you!

Doesn't work on my iPhone 6+. But selecting the P3 Standard gives me a camera button to get in.

Three thumbs up!

S

On my iPhone, I just tap the drop down for the device type (without making a selection). That also switches the "How to connect" button to "Camera".

Will be a great addition to my "truism" list.
Thanks for the nice find.
GR

Reactions: robertwalker
On my iPhone, I just tap the drop down for the device type (without making a selection). That also switches the "How to connect" button to "Camera".
That's how I do it also since that drop down was added to the app. Before that I did the swipe method mentioned above. All this time it never occurred to me that doing this wasn't something that everyone already did.

Reactions: Reed L
nice find, though while it lets you in, keep in mind, a good chunk of the settings won't be available to view or set/change. Items like Camera settings for stills and video won't take, manual options, gain and Expo. I tried this some time ago so I could make changes to my setup and had no luck. You can navigate, but still need the phantom on if you want to configure or even view what your current settings are.

Reactions: Oso
nice find, though while it lets you in, keep in mind, a good chunk of the settings won't be available to view or set/change. Items like Camera settings for stills and video won't take, manual options, gain and Expo. I tried this some time ago so I could make changes to my setup and had no luck. You can navigate, but still need the phantom on if you want to configure or even view what your current settings are.
Yes that's correct. Very good info for those who haven't already been using this work around. Thanks much for posting it. Cheers!

Reactions: JoBe
I'm seconding what lookin4pain wrote. Your settings are stored in the Phantom, not the app. I was amazed when I used a new tablet, that all my custom settings were intact.

Accidentally discovered this a while back... Great way to show friends what it's like flying without actually flying!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Always been able to do the on iOS

Just click camera and your in, without connecting anything.

I just tap on the aircraft selection button. Then the camera button lights up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers