DJI Go sync after maintenance?

Reaction score
My son had an issue which required the Phantom 4 be sent to DJI for inspection and possible repair. The problem occurred when he lost contact with the drone after activating the Go Home function. The bird crashed out of our sight, and when we found it three days later the battery had ejected, landed in a muddy ditch and was fried. With no back-up battery, all we have is the log file from the iPad. I posted a thread on the topic here which has lots more details.

I really want to know what the drone did after it lost contact, and I was wondering about the log stored in the drone's on-board memory. We didn't have a battery to power up and sync before sending it off to DJI, but they have tested it and it appears to be fully functional.

My question for folks here is - when they test it, does it sync to the cloud service or in any way upload the log file from the previous flight? They're saying it was pilot error, but what we've seen in the log file is an uncommanded descent after an initial attempt to climb to RTH altitude. I'm really just curious whether we can get the complete log file by syncing the iPad before we get the P4 back.

Answered our own question - my son logged into his account on the app and they didn't upload any flight log data while doing maintenance on it. Not really surprised, but figured it was worth a shot.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj