DJI GO or litchi? Which do you prefer?

Reaction score
I use the DJI GO just cause it is made by the same company as DJI drones. I know things can still go wrong with DJI GO and do cause failures but I just don't trust ones made by developers that don't know the drones as well as the company that makes the drones. I have seen or heard of failures and things going wrong while flying with litchi. More litchi than DJI GO. You guys might not agree button thats just my opinion. What do you think? Which do you prefer?

Sent from my SM-T350 using PhantomPilots mobile app

For a quick LCMC flight I will use litchi. When i need the best precision in a complex take and have limited time at the location (usually the need to maximise the light during sunrise/sunset) I use autopilot. General flying (most of the time) I prefer the GO app. Personally the challenge of pulling off the moves flying manually and developing skills is the biggest attraction. I also know that if I come to grief over water or where the terrain makes recovery if the AC unlikely DJI is more likely to assist in a warranty claim if the DJI GO log is available for analysis.

You mean there's another app besides Litchi for piloting the Phantom? And what is this "GO app" of which you speak?

Ummm...yeah. Litchi.

I have both Litchi and Autopilot, personally i fly with DJI GO 4 most of the time, but when I need to do particular videos, I prefer Autopilot, it have more features than Litchi and it have more control on the drone

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Wow... pleasantly surprised by the results of this thread so far and will be watching closely, since there are features of Litchi that I like but a general search for "Litchi" seems to reveal a lot of threads with "problems".

I'm still relatively new to the sport and loving it... and building my own set of favoured accessories.

I hope the reviews continue... I've been too skeptical to try it yet because I'd prefer to master the software that belongs to the bird first, before branching out.

Wow... pleasantly surprised by the results of this thread so far and will be watching closely, since there are features of Litchi that I like but a general search for "Litchi" seems to reveal a lot of threads with "problems".

I'm still relatively new to the sport and loving it... and building my own set of favoured accessories.

I hope the reviews continue... I've been too skeptical to try it yet because I'd prefer to master the software that belongs to the bird first, before branching out.

If people where as inclined to report their successful litchi flights as alleged problems the ration of said issues would seem insignificant.

Your intent to learn the AC flight characteristics and functions while honing your skills will see you well placed to try litchi (and other third party apps perhaps)

The overwhelming proportion of incidents where litchi is blamed are ultimately demonstrate to be user error.

If people where as inclined to report their successful litchi flights as alleged problems the ration of said issues would seem insignificant.

Your intent to learn the AC flight characteristics and functions while honing your skills will see you well placed to try litchi (and other third party apps perhaps)

The overwhelming proportion of incidents where litchi is blamed are ultimately demonstrate to be user error.

Yes Birds, I realize I should have included such a disclaimer in my post, and I actually find it encouraging that the volume of posts regarding anything Litchi may very well be indicative of the volume of people using it.

I'm thrilled with the positive reviews... with simple mods and intuitive software, it seems likely to be able to get at least the equivalent of a P4 experience without the significantly higher investment.

But all that said, I'm still sticking with OEM batteries! [emoji6]

I am a new flyer that made a few flights, and then one weekend tore apart the DJI go app and learned pretty much everything about it,. Litchi is a very easy transition from that, and it changes the way you fly. For one specific reason: You can plan the night before a flight, with some simple way points, and parameters, it flys itself, and then you can concentrate during the flight on using the camera for a better video. of course you can fly in the main mode anytime you want. Once you can concentrate on the camera, it's a lot more fun. At least for me.

Last edited:
You can plan the night before a flight, with some simple way points, and parameters, it flys itself, and then you can concentrate during the flight on using the camera for a better video.

Once you can concentrate on the camera, it's a lot more fun. At least for me.

...those are two of the reasons Litchi interests me the most.

The ability to send the bird on a mission and review the video upon return seems very entertaining, understanding that there are risks in losing sight and contact should those missions wander outside the P3S range.

But even more so: we and friends take part in a lot of summer water sports... being able to track and follow a tuber, water skier or boat is of particular interest as well. I suspect the video will be better when the app tracks the subject and I concentrate on the camera.

Specific summer goal: send my P3S from my cottage to the swimming hole to see how big the flotilla of boats is. As the crow flies according to Google Earth: 2,200M. Requirements for a P3S to accomplish this: either an antenna mod (leaning toward DBS) or a Litchi waypoint mission.

But I know that if I encounter a problem, I'm facing the strong probability of a water landing so I'm tracking threads like this one, and antenna mods, very closely.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20