Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

DJI GO on surface pro 4

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Nighthawk, Jun 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Nighthawk

Hi I have a p3a and I am getting a surface pro 4. I did some research and as far as I know it does not have the app for the phantom. So I am Thinking about running a virtual box Android on my surface to make it work. Question is has any one here tried using AMIDuOS on a surface with the phantom? Apparently it is much better than bluestacks but will it work?

For the people saying get an Android tablet which is (fair enoug) outside of flying I will use the tablet also for work where I need windows.

2. DC inspections

Hello I installed Android onto my laptop a couple of times actually, different releases from different sources I've tried BlueStacks which is an emulator, I've tried remix OS which is more of a legitimate OS it boots from a thumb drive. for some reason I couldn't get the DJI controller to connect to my laptop I made sure USB debugging was enabled so basically I think ADB/ USB issue there, remix OS I must say I'm very impressed at remix OS the dji go app boots quick and I feel it would work rather good. I'm using Spectre x360 which is a touchscreen laptop.

3. Nighthawk

Thanx for the info. I will be getting the sp4 either way but this will give me more options to play with. Iam not a big fan of blue stacks, it's alright for some small task but I always had trouble getting it to run smoothly. I will look in to remix os next to AMIDuOS. Let you know how I go once I have the tablet. I heard some people had issues with the USB port but will see how I go.

4. jimmybonsaville

I have a few Intel based devices I bought specifically for my dji gear and had to Abandon! Dji don't support intel chipsets in sdk. Dji Go works like a charm... Anything else like Litchi drone deploy will NOT work!