DJI Go on Android new features working for anybody???

Reaction score
***Solved it works now!!***
WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!!!! Deleted the go and litchi apps. Ran the master clean app a few time to clean out anything. Connected the tablet to my computer and deleted the folders for go and litchi. Cleaned it again with master clean app. Rebooted the tablet. Reinstalled the go app. It works!!!!!

I have an Android tablet and its all updated. Updated the firmware and deleted the Go app and reinstalled it. Still when I flip the swith to F, I dont see the new pop out window with all the options like in the video.

Yes, I am changing to the F switch while in the air about 10' off the ground.
Yes, Multiple flight mode is on.
Yes, Go app is the latest version.
Yes, ran the firmware update with a log file showing success.

Anybody else? Working or not???

I have a P3 Pro, Sony Xperia Z2. Kernel 3.4.0

**UPDATE
So I have tried it on 2 other Android devices.
*Samsung SM-T230NU Small Tablet
*Motorola XT1254 Cell phone

Good news is both were crashing using the Pilot App now that its been updated with the new firmware, the Go app works great, the app never shuts down. Course lock works on all 3 devices.

Bad news is I still don't see the pop up screen like in the apple video for the go app. So all I can say is I will keep working on it. Would be nice to have all the new features.

JUST TO BE CLEAR

I never see this pop up after going to F on the left switch.
popupscreen.jpg

Last edited:
I have an Android tablet and its all updated. Updated the firmware and deleted the Go app and reinstalled it. Still when I flip the swith to F, I dont see the new pop out window with all the options like in the video.

When I first downloaded and updated everything on the 7th, I got the new window, but all I had access to was Home Lock. It worked great - the P3 goes right where I push the stick. But none of the other like follow me, etc. Now, today, I no longer have the Home Lock working and no window. Like nothing at all got updated. I think the app is messed up. Was going to reload it, but looks like that won't work either. If you figure it out, let me know.

Thanks for the reply and I do get home lock but not the pop out window. I feel better others are seeing the same, not just me, thanks for the reply. Now it's a matter of DJI putting out a fix for us Android users.

Works ok with Samsung s4 phone you need to have GPS on your device of course for follow me and waypoints .

Make sure you also enable "Multiple Fying Modes" in the app, with the RC and Phantom both connected, as the setting may be stored on the Phantom itself. Multiple Flying Modes are Off by default, in which case flipping the switch to F won't do anything. :cool: Good luck!

Make sure you also enable "Multiple Fying Modes" in the app, with the RC and Phantom both connected, as the setting may be stored on the Phantom itself. Multiple Flying Modes are Off by default, in which case flipping the switch to F won't do anything. :cool: Good luck!
It is.

"Anybody else? Working or not???"

Yep Yep and double Yep! Nexus 7 II
No prob-limo!
1: Works like a Charm
2: Could not be Happier!
3: Set Multiple Flying
4: Was able to stimulate :) the bird and trick it! to go in to F mode and show the new features by lifting it up off the bench without props. ( Pretend lift off )
5: I have no clue what is happening to you.
6: Does anyone have what he is using for a tablet?
7: Cheers!

Yes, I am changing to the F switch while in the air about 10' off the ground.
Yes, Multiple flight mode is on.
Yes, Go app is the latest version.
Yes, ran the firmware update with a log file showing success.

**UPDATE
So I have tried it on 2 other Android devices.
*Samsung SM-T230NU Small Tablet
*Motorola XT1254 Cell phone

Good news is both were crashing using the Pilot App now that its been updated with the new firmware, the Go app works great, the app never shuts down. Course lock works on all 3 devices.

Bad news is I still don't see the pop up screen like in the apple video for the go app. So all I can say is I will keep working on it. Would be nice to have all the new features.

JUST TO BE CLEAR

I never see this pop up after going to F on the left switch.
popupscreen.jpg
When I first downloaded and updated everything on the 7th, I got the new window, but all I had access to was Home Lock. It worked great - the P3 goes right where I push the stick. But none of the other like follow me, etc. Now, today, I no longer have the Home Lock working and no window. Like nothing at all got updated. I think the app is messed up. Was going to reload it, but looks like that won't work either. If you figure it out, let me know.
Mine worked fine the first day I tried it. I got the menu, all the functions worked.
Today, I don't get the menu when I switch to F. It tells me Home lock or Course lock is on. And I've noticed my P3 is stuck in course lock. I can't figure out how to get it out of Course lock.
I did install Litchi yesterday and wonder if that did something or is just a coincidence.

As suggested on another post (mine) I uninstalled and reinstalled GO. I still don't get the menu. I think it's because litchi turned on course lock. But now my litchi crashes my devices so I'm not getting anywhere fast. Unproductive weekend.

Does the litchi app need to be installed for it to work? I guess I will test. I thought the GO app was all we needed.

Does the litchi app need to be installed for it to work? I guess I will test. I thought the GO app was all we needed.
No, but there's a suggestion that installing and connecting with it might be upsetting using the new features in Go App.

It seems to all work here on Nexus 7, the only thing is I thought the app had updated itself because it flagged up new options, but it had to be updated manually with the .apk from DJI site - because I have google play updates turned off.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic