DJi go , Older App Versions blocked

Does anyone have a work around for DJI'S automatic app updater ?
FW 1.5.7 does not run at all with 3.1.3. Or 3.1.4
Whether the app auto-updates is down to the settings you have on your phone or tablet.
You can set the device to auto-update apps or to let you know when updates are available and let you decide what you want to update.

Took me a little time to figure out how to write over the Jlist file. I finally just copied it to an SD card, edited it on my PC and then copied it back to my tablet. I really want to avoid rooting my device.

Has DJI ever done this before? Forced and update, with such, well, force?

I wonder if there is some legal reason behind it -- some NFZ enforcement mechanism they must have now, or something like that. Anyone know?

There were home point problems with a previous app. They have a partnership going with Here maps .Google maps service costs them more and the NFZ issue.
All of the above possibly although there is no forced update for Apple devices as far as I know.

Has DJI ever done this before? Forced and update, with such, well, force?

I wonder if there is some legal reason behind it -- some NFZ enforcement mechanism they must have now, or something like that. Anyone know?
As drone flying becomes more popular company risks will rise. I think think they want to cover their asses. They know smart people will work around the updates.

As stated, the main reason for the forced update is the serious bug in A 3.1.2 but probably the 2nd reason for targeting older versions was for Google maps

Reactions: RadRocket

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj