DJI Go ... must connect USB 'after' controller and aircraft

Reaction score
In the Sierras, 17 miles outside Yosemite N. P.
I've noticed that with the latest updates to the controller, the Phantom P3P, and running the latest DJI Go, I need to connect my USB cable last, or I always get the "Disconnected" message.

If I connect the USB cable 'after' starting up the controller and P3P and the app, or unplug the USB cable and reconnect it after it's all started, everything works fine.

But if I start it all with the USB connected to my droid tablet, it's a "no go" and it always says Disconnected until I simply unplug, and then plug the USB cable back in.

Is this normal?

Reactions: tcope
Yes, yes and yes. For me, I started doing this months ago. I've found that it's the only way to connect correctly 99% of the time. So... turn controller on without USB plugged in, turn P3 on and then plug in the USB. For me, I then select the app I want to use from the pop up choices and select Just Once.

As mentioned, I've had issues with the connection sequence for awhile now, certainly before this last update. I now just do it this way every time and see almost no issues.

Thanks for mentioning this, I've been meaning to bring it up.

Reactions: Flyer91
Yup...same here and I'm still on the older Rd and p3p fw. But the way I'm using android. I'm curious does this behaviour occur on iOS also?

Not that i know of i plug in cable start controller then run the app lastly i turn on aircraft. Use my iphone 6s plus

I've noticed that with the latest updates to the controller, the Phantom P3P, and running the latest DJI Go, I need to connect my USB cable last, or I always get the "Disconnected" message.

If I connect the USB cable 'after' starting up the controller and P3P and the app, or unplug the USB cable and reconnect it after it's all started, everything works fine.

But if I start it all with the USB connected to my droid tablet, it's a "no go" and it always says Disconnected until I simply unplug, and then plug the USB cable back in.

Is this normal?
Same as I do and also how it shows in the "How to Connect" in the app.

I do it in any combination and on ios and never have a problem - only need to close the app and restart it to get connection again if it had been sitting in background

Yes, initially that strict android start up sequence was an annoyance, but now it's just part of my start up routine. Muscle memory!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1