DJI go keeps going, & going...

Reaction score
Why does the DJI go app keep starting even after I stop it in my device settings?.. it's using up valuable processor time when I haven't flown or accessed the app in a week..... is there any way to disable it when not in use?

Why would it do that?
Oh well maybe this is suble reminder, because you aren't flying enough... Ha
In iOS double click the home button and swipe up to close individual apps.

RedHotPoker

Restart your device. If it's still there, check your settings to make sure it's set to run "only while using".

Thanks pharm, but my Android device doesn't give me that option... I can "stop" app..... but when I go back it says it's running again.. Look at your "apps" in settings, under "running"... to c if yours is running.

Thanks pharm, but my Android device doesn't give me that option... I can "stop" app..... but when I go back it says it's running again.. Look at your "apps" in settings, under "running"... to c if yours is running.
Oh ok. I'm very unfamiliar with Android devices. Hopefully an Android user will pipe up here soon and offer some USEFUL advice. :)

Just a guess, but are you, by any chance, using those popular Ever-ready Energizer MAX batteries? Hahaha because that bunny is always on the "Go". ;-)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Pull the plug, to drain the tub... Ha

RedHotPoker

It's not running... it's in memory. This is how the Android OS works. Also, you do have the option to close those apps in the background.

Actually GO starts a push service when its installed. No idea why that service is there or what it pushes.

I keep GO uninstalled and the APK on my SD card. I install it, do whatever I need to and then uninstall it. I don't need DJI collecting any more info than necessary.

Never got my ticket. Propably should one of these days. Spent a lot of time tinkering and listening as well as doing some transmitting (completely illegally) several KW on 11meter (CB) skip using a re-crystaled Yaesu and as a lowfer down below 190kc on some home brew tube and transistor TX boxes. For lowfer, best I ever got was about 65mi but I think that was pretty darn good for that band and a limited 50' stick. I had 16 radials buried with rock salt and pre-wetted before I went on the air since there is no limit on ground conductors, they were rutted in the entire back yard (couple hundred feet diameter). Got a QSL card from a guy over near Tyndall AFB for a contact on VLF.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic