DJI Go iPad App

Reaction score
Hi,
I am looking to use my iPad Pro 9.7" with my P3S,
Does the iPad need to be the cellular version for it to work with the phantom for the gps etc...,
As i only have the wi-fi iPad,
Or am I wrong and can use my iPad wifi model as I would my iPhone 6s Plus ?
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

You can use a wifi-only iPad with the Phantom, but there are 2 minor issues: no GPS and no network. Neither of those should be show-stoppers for most uses.

I currently use an iPad Air wifi-only and tether to my iPhone for data. It picks up a GPS location from the iPhone, but it is not accurate at all. The home point is set based off the P3's GPS, not the device you are using; it's only for apps where you are needing to know the operator's exact position that an accurate GPS is needed on the operator's device.

Does the iPad need to be the cellular version for it to work with the phantom for the gps etc
You'll only need GPS on your mobile device if you want to do the following:

1) Use the Follow Me feature in DJI GO
2) Reset the home point to your location after you take off (in a case where you walk away from the original home point)

If you find you need to use either of these features down the road, you can connect your iPad Pro to an external Bluetooth GPS receiver. You can find a few commonly used Bluetooth GPS receivers here.

Reactions: Liam_89

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik