dji Go help

Reaction score
Hello Folks,

I have a P3P and P4 that needs set up with the Go apps. I have gone through the Assistant app with both with my desk top. Now I fell a little lost. I have an iPad Mini 4 cellular. Do I download the Go apps on my iPad and install Go from there?

Also, is there a setting for beginners that uses a lot of default settings? For now, I just fly my P1 and P2 in a field in our neighborhood.

Thank you very much.

Terry

Do I download the Go apps on my iPad and install Go from there?
Yes -- install "DJI GO" (for the P3) and "DJI GO 4" (for the P4) from the app store on your iPad Mini 4.

When you register each Phantom in DJI GO, it'll prompt you to setup some of the basic settings. Make sure you also set the proper RTH altitude before each flight.

Reactions: MedicFL1
Yes -- install "DJI GO" (for the P3) and "DJI GO 4" (for the P4) from the app store on your iPad Mini 4.

When you register each Phantom in DJI GO, it'll prompt you to setup some of the basic settings. Make sure you also set the proper RTH altitude before each flight.

Ok, I think I can do those things. Is the Controller hooked to iPad, and both on? Is the drone on, as well?
Thank you both,
Terry

Hello,
I plan to work on this today. Do I have the drone and controller turned on during this process?
Thank you.

why do I need to set the RTH altitude before each flight?
If RTH is initiated during your flight and your Phantom does not ascend above all obstacles in its flight path, it could crash on the way back to the home point.

If RTH is initiated during your flight and your Phantom does not ascend above all obstacles in its flight path, it could crash on the way back to the home point.

Thank you very much.
Terry

One more thing, should I go through the calibration process on DJI Assistant for my P4? I watched a uTube that said you should do that only if having a problem, because they came well calibrated from the factory.
Terry

Last edited:
should I go through the calibration process on DJI Assistant for my P4?
The IMU calibration? That's really up to you. I like to do it before flying a new Phantom since I never know what happened on its journey to my doorstep.

Unlike a bad compass calibration, you most likely won't crash your Phantom if you fly it when the IMU needs to be calibrated. So, you could fly it, verify that everything is stable, and then assess whether or not the calibration is necessary. Or, just go ahead and calibrate it. You really cannot hurt anything if you do the calibration properly.

The IMU calibration? That's really up to you. I like to do it before flying a new Phantom since I never know what happened on its journey to my doorstep.

Unlike a bad compass calibration, you most likely won't crash your Phantom if you fly it when the IMU needs to be calibrated. So, you could fly it, verify that everything is stable, and then assess whether or not the calibration is necessary. Or, just go ahead and calibrate it. You really cannot hurt anything if you do the calibration properly.

Thank you very much. That is really helpful.
Terry

Please download the online manual for added information.
Updates and firmware....some are automatic.
So normally You're just going to calibrate your compass and check your map position before flight. Hovering a few seconds will normally trigger the on screen... "Home point updated".

Phantom 4. Range Extenders [passive] Polar Pro Acces. kit and Bower special effects lenses.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik