DJI GO for Android Keeps Disconnecting

Reaction score
I searched and searched for an answer but maybe I'm going blind, but I need some advice.
Just purchased the Nvidia Shield for my P3S, graduating from my iPhone6 Plus.
I installed the Android version of Go and installed no problem, but when I connect to my AC, it drops its connection every few seconds, reconnects and then drops again. I am only two feet away from my bird also.
iPhone does not do this. I've heard great reviews on the Shield and I like its size, but it doesn't work.
Any ideas from the brilliant souls out here?

Interesting. Have same setup. On the bench in garage last night I had the same issue...literally 2 feet from bird to transmitter and tablet. Placed bird on floor of garage maybe 6 feet away and connection was maintained. Maybe there is such a thing as too close? Try different distances. Do you have issues outside while flying? I have not unless I got the tablet between the transmitter antenna and the bird.

Yep, make sure you are several feet away from the aircraft when you connect to the Phantom wifi and you should be good. This has been a thing with 2.4ghz rc radios for some time as well and it's a common practice among rc flyers to keep the radio away from the bird while powering up. If memory serves it's something to do with the frequency hopping that these systems use being overwhelmed by the strong signal.

I have a nvidia shield and I also have much network disconnects. Also my tablet i slow and sluggish. I upgraded it to android 6 as soon as I got it which was 6 month ago. Really disappointed with the shield. I have a iPad Air which works much better.

But I also tend to have connection issues with home router and phones so I think it's the shield that is faulty.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Make sure there isn't a setting in the tablet settings to chose the best network. Some of them do and since the phantom doesn't have internet it might be choosing another wifi network

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have a nvidia shield and I also have much network disconnects. Also my tablet i slow and sluggish. I upgraded it to android 6 as soon as I got it which was 6 month ago. Really disappointed with the shield. I have a iPad Air which works much better.

But I also tend to have connection issues with home router and phones so I think it's the shield that is faulty.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Then you should send it back, the Shield is a very fast and powerful gaming tablet and should handle this type of thing without breaking a sweat. Are you shutting down background apps when using the tablet with your Phantom?

Then you should send it back, the Shield is a very fast and powerful gaming tablet and should handle this type of thing without breaking a sweat. Are you shutting down background apps when using the tablet with your Phantom?

This tablet is brand new and the only other app was the Go app. Some bloatware but nothing major.
I did get it ta connect and stay connected but I actually too 5 min for the image to get painted on the screen.
Having Amazon ship me a replacement tomorrow regardless. This device was opened and the charger was not there.

This tablet is brand new and the only other app was the Go app. Some bloatware but nothing major.
I did get it ta connect and stay connected but I actually too 5 min for the image to get painted on the screen.
Having Amazon ship me a replacement tomorrow regardless. This device was opened and the charger was not there.

I was actually responding to Larsaunitz but if you are having problems with your tablet then, yes, get it replaced. Mine works very well with the DJI Go app and Litchi and plays the videos off the Phantom sd card exceptionally well. By the way, the Nvidia Shield doesn't come with a charger.

I had some problems with my Nvidia shield k1 and app crashes too. I had to unlock developer options, turn off USB debugging, turn off local caching and make sure it was in airplane mode. I also restart my tablet before each flight and even use a task killer. It works great now.

Sent from my XT1254 using PhantomPilots mobile app

FWIW I have had no issues with the P3S and Nvidia Shield K1. My current version is 6.0.1. New unit, 3 weeks old, and the P3S is also new right after Christmas, also latest firmware. Only message I ever get is interference, but I am in a neighborhood not far from a shopping center. Just for fun I just checked and my tablet picks up 14 wireless networks, including my 2, where I stand to fly. Go App latest version.

Matts175: I get a security error when I try to access the link you provided.

In the interest of preventing future problems I decided to go back to Go App version 2.9.1. (P3S and Nvidia Shield K1)

If thinking about doing the same you might want to consider the following. If you have 3.0.1 or 3.0.2 and are not experiencing problems leave everything alone.

There was absolutely no difference in 3.0.2 and 2.9.1. I had deleted 3.0.2 so I went back to it and deleted 2.9.1.
Then I had every problem everyone has complained about, map home point a couple miles west, disconnecting every few seconds, video lag then freeze, and camera not pointing straight ahead. I had never had any of these issues before and never had any version other than 3.0.2. Had to reset my tablet. 3.0.2 was then fine except the map home point still well west!!! Still had 3.0.2 on my phone and it was just fine. Flew with tablet and phone to test, no change, phone OK and tablet not regarding map home point. Then the map home point on the phone moved to the exact same place a couple miles west as on the tablet!!! DANG!!! Both phone and tablet indicated weak GPS signal from device when trying to set map point as home point.

Went back to 3.0.1 and all functions is fine now.

So, perhaps, if you have an old version of the Go App and upgrade, whatever residual files, settings or data you cannot root out causes the problem, not the version of the app itself.

Some of you may be able to explain the relationship of all these things. I cannot. I'm just happy it all works again and kicking myself all over the neighborhood that I did not leave well enough alone.

It appears that cleaning of the tablet is the way to go.

As many here know - i have been testing all sorts of combos with results that 3.1.2 Go is diabolical rubbish.

I found that 2.9.1 was most stable.

But now since flying generally and not being so careful about temp files and cache cleaning - my tablet is getting odd disconnects and lag on video.

One of the problems with Go and actually with many apps on Android as well as PC / Apple - the crap they store as tmp and cache files. We need too clean them out every so often ... tonight I shall be emptying Go cache, uninstalling Go ... running CCleaner .... emptying every cache / tmp location I can find !!

Then re-install either 2.9.1 or 3.0.1 Go whichever pops up first in my archive !!

Nigel

CCleaner ? Dunno ... google it and see ...

Nigel

Hey guys, I started having an issue where after I connected to the Wi-Fi on my bird with my tablet, it would connect and disconnect just like everyone is saying. I'm an IT guy, and I did the first rule of troubleshooting any issue! I turned the bird and radio off. I then powered the bird back on, followed by the radio. After that it started working. Anytime you connect a new device, you must reset the source. In this case the Wi-Fi is supplied by the bird! Hope that helps some of you guys.. I'm new to this myself and still learning!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik