DJI GO for Android has been released

For all the android user: try disable the video cache function from the Go App, it fixed my crashing issue. I flew a few flight without any issue at all.

And to optimize the experience, do put your phone/ tablet into airplane mode

Yeah no need for cache on my N7, always off...the gapps error I would not liable a crash but more an inconvenience unless it's the first time. ;)

With Google services disabled or updates Uninstall my Gmail does not work on my s5. Until I can get a dedicated device for fpv I will just downgrade before I fly and upgrade when done.

You have to downgrade all the Google apps you want to use in addition to Google Play Services. I've done that and can use Gmail, Youtube etc but still have lagless video in DJI Pilot app. Of course you have to set it to do manual upgrades and not upgrade anything from Google. All in all on my Nexus 10 it's over 10 apps (although I only ever use Gmail and Youtube).

Last edited:
Well this night i uninstall the 1.1.0 and install this new 2.0.2...configure and flight on small vertical flight.
About 5 minutes after, it did crash. I try open the app, but everytime i enter the menu options, crash.

Returned to 1.1.0.
At last for me, 1.1.0 + FW 1.1.9 is a winner here.

Reactions: Hono
Well this night i uninstall the 1.1.0 and install this new 2.0.2...configure and flight on small vertical flight.
About 5 minutes after, it did crash. I try open the app, but everytime i enter the menu options, crash.

Returned to 1.1.0.

I had the same problem with my acer iconic tablet. I disable the video cache function and it works well without any issue.

Reactions: Mordor
Hi.
I use a Android Chinese Tablet...so its not the same configuration... ;-)

P.S. Read bad, im still waking up by the morning...lolol
Tks for the tip, i will check it up ;):p

Had 20 mins or so with this, no issues what so ever. And the added voices make it better, "Home point set, please check map".......or something like that :)

Returned to 1.1.0.
Before installing 2.0.2 You need to reinstall Pilot and delete folder DJI Pilot. Do not forget to syncronize you flights to cloud. After that You may install Go 2.0.2 and there is no to be crashed entering menu. For many people it woks well hope for You too.

I have a nexus 7 is it possible to disable google services on this device or downgrade if so how do i do it ive done some research but cant find any info. i also still have the dgi pilot app installed would you guys recommend keeping it for the time being or update to dji go?

Before installing 2.0.2 You need to reinstall Pilot and delete folder DJI Pilot. Do not forget to syncronize you flights to cloud. After that You may install Go 2.0.2 and there is no to be crashed entering menu. For many people it woks well hope for You too.

Im not shure but i think i did that...

Question:

I use my phone and tablet...any concerns about about not using a single device?

Im not shure but i think i did that...

Question:

I use my phone and tablet...any concerns about about not using a single device?
No problems to use more then one device. All actual information is placed in Phantom memory. You can see it to change something at one device and then switch to another one

Last edited:
I have a nexus 7 is it possible to disable google services on this device or downgrade if so how do i do it ive done some research but cant find any info. i also still have the dgi pilot app installed would you guys recommend keeping it for the time being or update to dji go?
You can downgrade by going to settings>applications>application manager then finding it listed under all applications.

if your using an android tablet the reason the Go app crashes and wont start again is because when you start to record a video and then stop it it stores the video onto your tablet causing the app to crash if you delete the video it stored on your tablet you will see that the Go will then work again, so the solution to this is to go intosetting and into the other folder and shut off Cache locally when recording, and now the Go app will not crash, your videos wont get stored onto the tablet just your sd card, this solves the crashing problem

if your using an android tablet the reason the Go app crashes and wont start again is because when you start to record a video and then stop it it stores the video onto your tablet causing the app to crash if you delete the video it stored on your tablet you will see that the Go will then work again, so the solution to this is to go intosetting and into the other folder and shut off Cache locally when recording, and now the Go app will not crash, your videos wont get stored onto the tablet just your sd card, this solves the crashing problem

Unfortunately, for me that did not cure the problem. Disabling Google Services did though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav