DJI GO for Android has been released

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
Already installed.. Now to wait for sunlight
Appears to be exactly the same as the iWhatever version at first glance

Does not seem to have promised features like orbit, etc. At least no mention of it in release notes.

I updated my Acer Icona 8 and DJI Go crashes immediately. I've rebooted the tablet and it crashes at the same place each time. Tried an uninstall and reinstall. Same thing. Where can I get DJI Pilot now?

I updated my Acer Icona 8 and DJI Go crashes immediately. I've rebooted the tablet and it crashes at the same place each time. Tried an uninstall and reinstall. Same thing. Where can I get DJI Pilot now?

That's not good, glad I haven't updated mine yet.
I would think the bar code thingy on the box takes you to the play store and new GO app but might be worth a try??

Hopefully it has fixed a few things, my new Phantom 3 gets here tomorrow and I'll be using a nexus 6 to pilot. Looking forward to people's comments

And just in time for the rain :)

Thanks for the heads up msinger ;)

Hopefully it has fixed a few things, my new Phantom 3 gets here tomorrow and I'll be using a nexus 6 to pilot. Looking forward to people's comments
I have a Nexus 6 too. It's been useable but not the greatest, will be glad to see how this update changes it. Hopefully for the better.

dji go for android updated on s6 edge, turn on connected smoothly to the drone ... will try to fly today

I installed over the top of the Pilot app, and it updated with no issues. Just flicked through it and seems ok. Ill give it a flight when the weather improves, which at the moment looks like Sunday :(:(

On my way home and going to fly it daylight be damned! [emoji12] Need to see if of my LG gTab that used to work, works again! Results in about an hour.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dnatured
Before beta testing started with that app we had to completely remove the pilot app. When we stopped testing the main issue was it would disconnect on some, and completely reboot the device while in flight. If you were looking at your quad when the reboot took place you wouldn't even know it because you are still able to fly. Btw, this is all in reference to android version. I use a Nexus7 2013 version. I do want to add that the only time I personally had any trouble with GO is when I also flew with a screen recorder recording the flight. Pretty sure it was too much active processes on the cpu at one time. Others thought the heat may have been a contributor also.

I will without a doubt stay with the Pilot app due to the stability. Also since the new revision DJI made for the sdk developers app's, the Ultimate Flight app has become the Hot Ticket.
It has the most wanted features. It's way above the GO app. It's worth checking out.

Last edited:
How is the ground pattern just below your bird when flying with VPS only ?
Is it grass, pavement ... ?

Just tested it and it's still crap with my tablet. The pilot app worked great with the first release and initial firmware.
Back to the crapple air 2 for me...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ScottyT
I'd like to hear from anyone with an Android with an DJI Go that actually works.
I have a PH3A with my Samsung Tab 4 with the new app release. On the old one I was unable to update the RC on this new release for the first time I got a GREEN Firmware update. I have flown mine many times and it is completely rock solid I have not had any issues whatsoever knock on wood it has been a great. I updated DJI GO and flew it tonight with not one single issue. I flew it at about 200 feet high down the street at 800 feet away and it was great. I am going to do a further test in daylight and will update.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nizar Ghosn

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik