Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. aajackso

Hi I have successfully set up and flown my P4 with the older DJI go app on my iPhone 6+.

I just downloaded the new version of the DJI Go on my iPad 2 and on my Samsung Galaxy S7 and it will not get past the "How to Connect" page on either device. I will definitely not be updating the app on my 6+. I'm using the same cables I use successfully with the 6+ so its not a USB cable issue. Any thoughts? Any updates coming?

Thanks!

2. stefan350

Works fine on my iPhone 6, iPad mini 2, and iPad Air 2.

Have you tried skipping through the tutorial?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

3. aajackso

Do you mean press the "how to connect" button. I have done that several time for the 4 step tutorial which says press the equipment button then it should offer me a chance to press "Camera View" but instead it just defaults back to the "how to connect" button

4. dpackham

Do you have another app like litchi that asks for the USB ? Go into the go app settings and clear cache and defaults

5. macfleet

Just joined to mention I have the same exact issue. Older version of GO app would connect to camera. Since updating it will not. P4 with iphone6s

6. aajackso

I don't have litchi . Do you recommend downloading and using that app instead?

7. sar104

It sounds more like a problem between the RC and the aircraft, caused by updating the RC firmware before updating the aircraft firmware. That will cause the app to get stuck at the "how to connect" stage.

8. aajackso

I don't think I'm even getting access to any sort of settings options from the how to connect screen

9. JessHUN

Maybe try closing the DJI Go app entirely (left soft button, close all apps), then restart it. Sometime mine does the same, this workaround did the trick for me... also try reinstalling it.

10. aajackso

Thanks I'll try that today. Someone else suggested disabling google play and even putting the device on flight mode. I'll be trying all these suggestions a little later today. I should mention that the Samsung s7 did actually work the first few flights.