DJI Go crash (not responding) Android

Reaction score
I'm using DJI Go on Android
Galaxy Note 3 (running custom firmware, Lollipop 6.0.1, Cyanomod 13)

Yesterday, my DJI Go crash (was not responding) in mid-flight.
Hopefully, my aircraft was couple of meter from me. 10 meters high.
Signal was lost and RTH start immediatly.

The signal was lost because DJI Go crash. Everything was perfect as i start my flight when i decide to grab a picture. After i decide to go in the "play mode" to see if that picture was correct. I was able to see my picture in the "viewer mode" but immediatly when i try to get back in the main windows (video stream), everything was "black and white" and the DJI Go was not responding. I try to stop it and even kill it, no success.
I was force to "reboot" my smartphone before everything get back to normal.

For now, i think i'm not going back to "play mode" in the DJI Go. I need to find the fix that will not crash the APP.

if you have any idea, i will be glad to fix that glitch.

I'm using DJI GO 2.8 (not the latest) there is a update in the PlayStore now, but look 2.8 also, strange.

I'm using DJI Go on Android
Galaxy Note 3 (running custom firmware, Lollipop 6.0.1, Cyanomod 13)

Yesterday, my DJI Go crash (was not responding) in mid-flight.
Hopefully, my aircraft was couple of meter from me. 10 meters high.
Signal was lost and RTH start immediatly.

The signal was lost because DJI Go crash. Everything was perfect as i start my flight when i decide to grab a picture. After i decide to go in the "play mode" to see if that picture was correct. I was able to see my picture in the "viewer mode" but immediatly when i try to get back in the main windows (video stream), everything was "black and white" and the DJI Go was not responding. I try to stop it and even kill it, no success.

For now, i think i'm not going back to "play mode" in the DJI Go. I need to find the fix that will not crash the APP.

if you have any idea, i will be glad to fix that glitch.

I'm using DJI GO 2.8 (not the latest) there is a update in the PlayStore now, but look 2.8 also, strange.
Hi there. Sorry to hear that you had issues.

The signal was lost because DJI Go crash.
Actually, this alone would not normally cause a signal loss. You can even fly without a mobile device. There was likely a different reason for your signal to go out.

After i decide to go in the "play mode" to see if that picture was correct.
Interesting. That is one thing I have never done. I've never looked at any pictures or video until the flight was over. I'm curious if people do check during flight, so I hope others will chime in.
Still, it was probably just overloading or causing a conflict with your mobile device since as noted above you don't even need the mobile device to fly.

This does happen from time to time with many people. Random reboots, especially during the warmer times of year. You're from Québec, correct? It probably never gets too warm there!
I've had to reboot a few times, especially before when I used a Mini 2. It was a bit scary at first until I eventually realized it was no big deal really and did not cause my Phantom to drop from the sky instantly.

The Note 3 is old now, I just got rid of mine last week and got a second tablet at Verizon where I have my account. I loved the Note 3 but I really love the Ellipsis 10 and the Nvidia Shield. Not trying to talk you out of the Note 3 but giving you options to look at that are a lot easier to see. The black and white screen means it disconnected and happened because you tried to watch it while flying, just wait till it lands and you won't have any more problems with it. Be sure to kill all of the apps and run in airplane mode if it's still activated or - Verizon Ellipsis 10" 4G LTE tablet :)

As Oso says. The app crash will not cause rth. The controller flys the p3. Not the app.
I have had my app freeze and the tablet reboot with the p3 1500ft away.

If it keeps crashing, try a reinstall. Worked for me.

Thank you guys for all those nice answer. Of course i will not go back to watch picture in mid-flight.
I'm not $$$ to change Note 3 for now :-(

@Oso How can you speculate that i'm from Quebec ? (i'm curious about that).

@Oso How can you speculate that i'm from Quebec ? (i'm curious about that).
Good morning sir. You mentioned you were from Quebec in one of your earlier posts.

I try my best to help anyone with an issue, and one of the ways I do that is trying to consider as much data as I can such as location (for climate), Phantom model, mobile device, prior issues, FW versions, etc. Many people dont use an auto signature with their posts and many provide too little detail to provide adequate assistance. I like to know enough to give a reply that will hopefully help with their problem.

Cheers!

Last edited:
"This does happen from time to time with many people. Random reboots, especially during the warmer times of year."

I picked up a used Nexus tablet recently to use for the P3P and it was doing fine for a few runs, but then a few weeks ago on an early morning flight (~05:30-06:00), the whole shebang restarted. It happened so fast, I wasn't sure if I needed to blame it on the DJI Go app or the Nexus/Android. Freaked me out, though, so I immediately set the Nexus aside and put my Galaxy S5 back into service (in which I haven't had that issue happen yet (knock on wood)).

VERY disconcerting, but it was nice that the bird just sat up in the sky waiting for ground control to get it's $#!% together.

Reactions: Oso and meissner58
@FT in Japan , when can tell that a safe depends of good fonctionality of the bird, the device, the remote and also the software. If anything happen, when you know what to do, it can help you not to get in panic and have a good reaction.

@Oso , it's really impressive how this community here at phantompilots have good folks like you. Take the time to get information of people to fix issue. I'll really appreciate you help and time you put here.

Reactions: FT in Japan and Oso
I had a similar incident... Scared me a bit, that's for sure. I got a message on my tab A, Go app not responding, do you want to close app? I didn't close it, and fortunately, i was able pilot it back down to its original stating point.. Since then I updated the go app, keeping my fingers crossed it wont happen next flight..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31