DJI Go app won't connect to RC after updated to1.3.2

Reaction score
Hey there.

I updated my P3P and the controller firmware to 1.3.2, 2 weeks ago.

And since that... I can't connect my RC to DJI Go app. It says 'connect your aircraft'.

I updated P3P successfully. But the RC(GL300A)'s update was running more than 1 hour which is not normal so I just turned it off.

But when I check the TXT file in the sd card, it says 'update successful'.

So I tried to connect the DJI Go app and RC, but no answer. There is just 'how to connect' button. (my phone is Samsung Galaxy S6 edge)

But weird thing is, I totally can control the P3P without DJI Go app connection. (all the lights of P3P and RC indicate 'good to fly')

I can start the motors, fly it, take photos and videos by using the shoot/record button on the RC.

Just there's no connection between RC ~ App.

I've searched thousand pages about this and tried them, but still no work.

- tried to update RC again, but when I connect the sd card to RC, no answer.
- tried to update P3P again, but no answer. (because it's already updated successfully I guess)
- tried to use other 3 different USB connector, new sd card, new update file from DJI website, other laptop, no work.
- tried to connect RC and gimbal directly, no work.
- TXT file says 'update successful'
- deleted DJI Go app and reinstalled again, no work.
- set the USB debugging, no work.
- did factory reset my phone and tried it again, no work.
- tried friend's iPhone 6 in case it's about Android problem, but no work as well.

And some people say link again or do something in the app camera setting, but before that, I cannot launch the camera view in the app. There's only 'how to connect' button.

I've contacted to DJI support few times team but you know, they are useless.

Any suggestion? Just sending mine to them to fix is the only way?

Thanks for reading.

Reactions: eric scott
Hey there.

And since that... I can't connect my RC to DJI Go app. It says 'connect your aircraft'.

I updated P3P successfully. But the RC(GL300A)'s update was running more than 1 hour which is not normal so I just turned it off.

So I tried to connect the DJI Go app and RC, but no answer. There is just 'how to connect' button. (my phone is Samsung Galaxy S6 edge)

But weird thing is, I totally can control the P3P without DJI Go app connection. (all the lights of P3P and RC indicate 'good to fly')

I can start the motors, fly it, take photos and videos by using the shoot/record button on the RC.

- tried to update P3P again, but no answer. (because it's already updated successfully I guess)
- tried to use other 3 different USB connector, new sd card, new update file from DJI website, other laptop, no work.
- tried friend's iPhone 6 in case it's about Android problem, but no work as well.

And some people say link again or do something in the app camera setting, but before that, I cannot launch the camera view in the app. There's only 'how to connect' button.

Thanks for reading.
Can you get past the first screen when it says connect you aircraft at the top and Enter Camera View at the Bottom?

Can you get past the first screen when it says connect you aircraft at the top and Enter Camera View at the Bottom?

What does it mean, get past? Sorry for my poor English :(
I can do anything in the app; logging in my account, see the flight records, Academy, Explore, Library, but no to the Camera view :(

I had this same problem with my P3A. Only difference was that with my GL300A RC upgrade the LED went from blue to green in only a few minutes. I then got the "success" txt file. But all I could ever get was "Disconnected" on the GO app with my iPhone 6+. DJI tech said it was probably a bug in the firmware and he would consult with his peers for a solution that would avoid sending it in. But a few days later I got an email saying it had to be returned. It is now in the black hole of DJI repair in California.

Same problem for me. Brand new P3P, never flown because of this problem. iPhone 6 and iPad Air as devices.

I understand that we must update the RC FW too. How to do it without DJI Go app working from its camera mode, so not connected?

Perhaps we can insert the same USB key with the firmware of the aircraft into the USB port of the RC?

I understand that we must update the RC FW too. How to do it without DJI Go app working from its camera mode, so not connected?

Perhaps we can insert the same USB key with the firmware of the aircraft into the USB port of the RC?

When I set about updating the RC, a message popped up saying I could not do so through the GO app, and had to use the SD or USB flash drive method. I used a USB stick. The RC LED was blue as expected during update, then turned green after only 2-3 minutes. I waited several more minutes because the instructions say it takes about 10 to upgrade the RC. The LED remained solid green. I then pulled the USB stick and found the result file saying "success". But no FPV on the iPhone 6+ ever since upgrading the RC.

Do you think it's the galaxy S6 because I have the galaxy S4 and it works perfectly.I Was going to upgrade to the S6 but think I'll wait to see if that's the problem.

When I set about updating the RC, a message popped up saying I could not do so through the GO app, and had to use the SD or USB flash drive method. I used a USB stick. The RC LED was blue as expected during update, then turned green after only 2-3 minutes. I waited several more minutes because the instructions say it takes about 10 to upgrade the RC. The LED remained solid green. I then pulled the USB stick and found the result file saying "success". But no FPV on the iPhone 6+ ever since upgrading the RC.

Only today I had the time to update the RC. Now everything works, except I need to go out for compass calibration (close to my iMac doesn't calibrate).

At least I can see the "camera view" button.

So, for those having the same issue, update the aircraft then do the same with the RC, using its USB port.

Did you update to the latest FW on DJI website, correct? Did you use the same SD card?

Which device do you use?
Yes, it was 1.3.2 downloaded from DJI site. iPhone 6+. Used the SD card that came with the P3A to upgrade the aircraft. A newly formatted USB drive for the RC. The problem was the RC upgrade, because I had FPV briefly after aircraft upgrade. App said I had to upgrade by USB method. Did do, waited until RC light went from blue to green, got "success" txt file. But haven't had FPV since, not even one second. Could fly and take pictures, but without FPV. Deleted and reinstalled the app, rebound RC to bird, tried 4 different cables, tried cable from gimbal to RC with the SD card in the gimbal. Tried every suggestion on this and the DJI website several times. It has been at DJI repair black hole since Aug 11.

Can you post the TXT file?
You know there are 2 TXT files right???
One for the bird (which shows you battery updates) and one for the controller.
Could it be that you are looking in the wrong folder??

Lastly... try below:

IF FAIL... follow the cut and paste instructions below. The bold part is a hard reset method you can use.
Have a read.. Not sure if its going to help...

DJI Forum|New P3P-update firmware??

GL 300A:Please try to update GL300A remote controllers by using a USB drive/ SD card adapter or connecting the aircraft gimble port with the controller via a USB cable. If you fail updating with these two methods, please connect your controller with your app (meanwhile keep the aircraft off and keep your mobile device connected with the Internet), then turn on your app, go to camera-aircraft status, download and install the firmware and the remote controller will be updated (More than 15 remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

GL300B:
Remote controllers whose model type is GL300B can only be updated on your app, however, according to the survey, the updates failed in the following three conditions:

First, The remote controller turns off automatically, then the first led light on it turns cyan. And when you connect your remote controller with your mobile device again, the app says no signal, and there’s no notification that says the remote controller needs to be updated.
Solution: It’s possibly because the 1765 module on the remote controller fails updating. So please press these four buttons on the remote controller at the same time, namely, C1, C2, Recording and the Scroll that adjusts ISO, meanwhile, spare another finger to turn the remote controller on (don’t let the other four fingers go), then turn on the app and you’ll be able to download the firmware again and please follow the steps on the app and the remote controller will hence be updated. (More than 10 remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

Second, the app fails updating the remote controller and the first led light turns red.
Solution: please update on your app again. (More than 2 remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

Third, the remote controller won’t update any ways.
Solution: the 1.2.0 Android app has this bug that no matter your firmware is latest or not, the app will ask you to update the remote controller. The new DJI GO Android app will solve this bug. (Many more remote controllers in China have been updated in this way).

Yes, it was 1.3.2 downloaded from DJI site. iPhone 6+. Used the SD card that came with the P3A to upgrade the aircraft. A newly formatted USB drive for the RC. The problem was the RC upgrade, because I had FPV briefly after aircraft upgrade. App said I had to upgrade by USB method. Did do, waited until RC light went from blue to green, got "success" txt file. But haven't had FPV since, not even one second. Could fly and take pictures, but without FPV. Deleted and reinstalled the app, rebound RC to bird, tried 4 different cables, tried cable from gimbal to RC with the SD card in the gimbal. Tried every suggestion on this and the DJI website several times. It has been at DJI repair black hole since Aug 11.

Actually you did everything you can. I don't know what's happening.

I can say that mine is a Professional and I used the same MicroSD card came with the bird, but I've used the same MicroSD card through a Lexar USB to MicroSD adapter.

I found that if you load DJI pilot app first, then connect everything as if you are going to fly using pilot, when you upgrade to the go app all is still ok and it won't ask to connect again.

I update my RC for the first time yesterday (300A)
First, i did try with a card reader+MicroSD+Cable.

Nothing.
Went to my car, and use and format my old Kingston Pen. Past only the BIN from 1.3.2.0 FW and it did only take 3 minutes to update! Sucess!

You can try use a older app, like 1.1.0. My old one has more 100Mg and did work like a charm.
Better than this last one , 2.1.0.

It seems, i have to enter "Flight Mode" before conect the cable....and of course, Service Google return to factory mode, and Google updates OFF.

I hope i did help!

had the same problem! FINALLY fix it!! I made a quick video to help.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
hope it works for you!!

Hey there.

Thanks for reading.

I had the same issue with Samsung Galaxy note 5, it was the result of the phone's USB setting to have that be used as "Charging Only" instead of allowing it to connect to a USB device like Phantom Remote. Apparently the new Android OS 6.0 (Marhmillow) causes your phone usb input to operate as a Charging Only by default. This is what you have to do.
1. Once you have USB plugged into Remote, plug into phone
2.drag the notifications bar down, you'll see one notification that says "Connected for Charging touch for other USB Options. Touch that.
3. then you see 5 options. The one at the bottom is "Charging" which is automatically selected. The one above it is "Connecting midi devices" so you want to select that.

And that will allow the DJ Go App to connect with the phone.

Reactions: Stalker
I had the same issue with Samsung Galaxy note 5, it was the result of the phone's USB setting to have that be used as "Charging Only" instead of allowing it to connect to a USB device like Phantom Remote. Apparently the new Android OS 6.0 (Marhmillow) causes your phone usb input to operate as a Charging Only by default. This is what you have to do.
1. Once you have USB plugged into Remote, plug into phone
2.drag the notifications bar down, you'll see one notification that says "Connected for Charging touch for other USB Options. Touch that.
3. then you see 5 options. The one at the bottom is "Charging" which is automatically selected. The one above it is "Connecting midi devices" so you want to select that.

And that will allow the DJ Go App to connect with the phone.
Simple fix,now i can fly with my S6 ,thank you so much for this post.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.