DJI GO app version 3.0

Reaction score
New update to DJI Go app now lets you disable VPS on the Phantom 4!

upload_2016-9-29_8-59-55.png

That VPS setting was added in the previous release ;)

Reactions: bkushner
In this update they added language support for traditional and simplified Chinese. I do find that amusing. I would have thought it started in Chinese if developed in house.

Reactions: alokbhargava
In this update they added language support for traditional and simplified Chinese. I do find that amusing. I would have thought it started in Chinese if developed in house.

They tried on others airspace first and then on theirs. :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Really? Dang. I never noticed it before..........are you sure?
Yep. It would be nice if DJI listed important new additions like this in their DJI GO change log. We can dream :)

Reactions: Suhail78
In this update they added language support for traditional and simplified Chinese.

Heck , that's clever, I've got trouble with ENGLISH, always did at school, always will have I suppose, are you telling me my P4 can speak "CHINESE"! Dang clever. :D:rolleyes::Do_O

What are the odds we get some of those new fancy intelligent flight modes? has DJI in the past provided the P3P and P3A some of the new modes that came out with the P4?

Just out of curiosity, did they finally remove the option to turn of geofencing. I just got my iPhone 7 and installed DJI Go on it. Tried to go for a quick flight and PS4 wouldn't take off. Looked for the geofence turn off option and couldn't find it.

...can anyone give definitive answers to these points:

point #1: True or false; Go 2.9.2 DOES let you turn off geofencing, and Go 3.0 DOES NOT let you turn off geofencing?

point #2: With geofencing active and you stray into a no fly zone, will the aircraft uncontrollably auto-land wherever it happens to be? (...someone on here stated recently that they had the former nightmare scenario occur)

...thanks for any further clarification!

Yep. It would be nice if DJI listed important new additions like this in their DJI GO change log. We can dream :)

It would only make perfect sense and better a customers experience without sacrificing anything. It's also pretty much an industry standard.

So I don't see DJI doing it.

I mean come on... telling people specifically what was changed? That would just be crazy.

It would only make perfect sense and better a customers experience without sacrificing anything. It's also pretty much an industry standard.

So I don't see DJI doing it.

I mean come on... telling people specifically what was changed? That would just be crazy.

We have been complaining since long that DJI is silent about changes made in the new releases. DJI never listened to us.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: John mac
I flew yesterday with Go for iOS, and it was the first time Go shut down during the flight while using my iPad Mini 4. Also, 2 or 3 times during the flight, I'd see my video was in black and white for a second or two.

I may fly today after having rebooted my Mini so we'll see how things go.

Just to add, I'm still using Ch 32.

Last edited:
...ftttu, please confirm if you are on 3.0, thanks!
Sorry I left that out. Yes, it was 3.0. My battery is about halfway full right now so I should be up and flying again in about 30 minutes or so. I'm really hoping I don't have a repeat of yesterday or any other surprises.

Also, I've posted her that when it is in the high 90's and above and my iPad Mini 4's screen brightness is turned to max, the last few minutes of the flight are almost unwatchable due to it overheating. I'm pretty sure the effects I saw in my post above were not related to the Mini overheating since it happened at about 5 minutes into the flight and it was in the mid 70s.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie