dji go app telemetry distance vs distance to aircraft

jtm

Reaction score
guys anyone know the difference between the "Distance" and the "Distance to Aircraft" telemetry data on the dji go app? How is "Distance to Aircraft" (icon of a man with a arrow) measured..

On my Samsung S6 (cellular) the figure reported by "Distance to Aircraft" seems accurate.

On my Samung S2 (non-cellular), the figured reported by "Distance to Aircraft" is all over the place.

Both S6 and S2 report "Distance" accurately.

temp.gif

jtm, that icon is the vision positioning status, I'm not sure how that is calculated. I only fly outdoors so I have that turned off.

guys anyone know the difference between the "Distance" and the "Distance to Aircraft" telemetry data on the dji go app? How is "Distance to Aircraft" (icon of a man with a arrow) measured..
Nothing to do with VPS. One is distance from home and one is distance from controller (if it has GPS)
These screen shots should make it clear ...
i-T4SLX32-L.png

i-NFHRTPc-L.png

Sorry for the false info, the app tutorial also says vision positioning status for that icon.

I've noticed that the VPS information will show there but only until you get about 10' high. After the VPS height is exceeded the distance shows up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.