P3 Firmware Dji go app now incompatible with the samsung S7 Edge

the problem that you are finding is the latest version of dji go needs more processing power than your phone can provide that is why it keeps crashing, what you need to do is go back to the previous version of dji go and all should be fine(don't forget to turn of auto updates) that is what i had to do as my android tablet worked fine, then updated crashed every time after take off, there is a website out there that has all versions of dji go just pick one, takes ages to download though so best to leave it running overnight
hope this help

Reactions: Ahart5 and ROB UK
I've experienced these crashes with more than the DJI app though. Litchi and DroneDeploy both cause my phone to crash + reboot. Is it really a processing power issue? The S7 is hardly an old clunky phone, plenty of older phones work fine with the app.

The weird thing I've noticed though, is that almost every single crash of my phone happens when the drone is taking pictures (or even just in the picture-taking mode). It pretty much never crashes when I'm recording video (in the video-recording mode).

True, but the hardware inside the Apple was designed for streaming video as was their Lightning cable. The Samsung gets bogged down in streaming speed with all the junk it runs in the background. If USB-C was involved then maybe along with a lot better- make that cleaner- running operating system then maybe, but not with USB-mini and their sloppy OS as it is. You want to run an app that requires a lot of processing like DJI Go and video streaming, then good luck with Samsung. If they'd stop allowing every app maker full control of sundry resources it might not slow their products down. But now we get Samsung Pay pop-ups, some other Samsung app installed today too doing what?, Facebook that cannot be uninstalled in the S6, etc.

The Samsung is just packed with a lot bloatware and the bottlenecks in speed are likely buried there. If they'd clean up their OS, quit allowing any app to run within it 24/7 without a Forced close (as well as a re-starting later on of it too), it might work better for streaming. But if they continue to pack it with too much superfluous junk running, then speeds out of it are going to be dismal compared to the Apple iOS that runs with far less bloat as demonstrated by their better battery life too. I was not a fan of Apple, but I can see why they can run far more efficiently with even a lower processor speed since they do not allow for bloat like Windows/Android where both of those OS's run slower over time due to bloat building up. Sort of like when a new install of Windows runs quickly and smoothly, and then in a year or two it gets slower.

My Samsung tablet, a year old, now will take about 5 seconds to press on an icon to do something once left on for an hour or two. Seriously, I could crash a drone in the time it takes to respond now. If I restart it, its instant so the bloat internally is building up over time left on and slowing the device down. Streaming speeds degrading goes with it too.
What you need is Package Disabler Pro for non-rooted phones, and Disconnect for Samsung. The first keeps apps from running in memory, the second keeps apps from sending data packets while running in the background.

Sent from my SM-G930V using PhantomPilots mobile app

What you need is Package Disabler Pro for non-rooted phones, and Disconnect for Samsung. The first keeps apps from running in memory, the second keeps apps from sending data packets while running in the background.

Have you used this to prevent your S7 from crashing?

On the slow/bogged down part: I have installed only the DJI app after setting my S7 back to stock, then uninstalling/disabling all bloatware. It still crashed. Plus, it's not exactly slow now. I don't think it's a resources problem; probably just some other piece of software screwing things up.

Have you used this to prevent your S7 from crashing?

On the slow/bogged down part: I have installed only the DJI app after setting my S7 back to stock, then uninstalling/disabling all bloatware. It still crashed. Plus, it's not exactly slow now. I don't think it's a resources problem; probably just some other piece of software screwing things up.
My bad, I am still using GO 2.4.3 But, I do use those apps on my unrooted S7.

If it's any consolation, the update killed the LG G4 as well. At first I was just getting "disconnected" status in DJI Go so I uninstalled and reinstalled and then the software wouldn't even recognise the controller/P3P, just giving me the button for advice on how to connect. But strangely it seems to think I have an Inspire connected as the camera button is on for that. I too contacted dji just to be told my phone isn't good enough to run the software. Which is ridiculous as I had been using it for the first few days after getting my P3P. Litchi doesn't work either, so a big waste of money there.

I have a Galaxy Tab S 10.5 which it connects to ok, but once I get a few feet off the ground the video feed just freezes and I'm left flying blind. Which is terrifying as I'm nowhere near capable enough to fly blind anywhere near the heights and distances I was happy to do with the video feed working.

Is there any way to downgrade the software on the controller to allow it to work again?

I have an lg g4 and it runs the latest version of the app without issue. I put the phone in airplane mode, turn the wifi on and connect only to the remote, away I go.

Sent from my SM-T217S using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have an lg g4 and it runs the latest version of the app without issue. I put the phone in airplane mode, turn the wifi on and connect only to the remote, away I go.

Sent from my SM-T217S using PhantomPilots mobile app

Why do you turn wifi on? The Pro doesn't use wifi to connect to the phone. The Pro connects to the controller by wifi and the controller to the phone by usb. Are you suggesting that the wifi on the phone interferes with the wifi on the controller?

Last edited:
I finally got got connection working again on the LG G4. I'm not sure how I got it going, I was playing about with the settings on my phone, turned airplane mode on (as suggested by ajriek) plugged the USB cable in to the controller and it just started working. So maybe disabling WiFi on the phone does prevent interference between the pro and the controller?

Last edited:
After a long inactive period I wanted to fly it today. S7 edge was successively restarted and thus useless. At the same time, TAB S2 2016 model didn't connected at all!!! What is going on? Are the going to fix it anyhow, or what?

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G935F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

After a long inactive period I wanted to fly it today. S7 edge was successively restarted and thus useless. At the same time, TAB S2 2016 model didn't connected at all!!! What is going on? Are the going to fix it anyhow, or what?

DJI aren't doing themselves any favours, that's for sure. Maybe when they're signing the app they're only making it compatible with certain chipsets and android versions. The more paranoid among us would maybe say that they're trying to force android device owners on to ios devices instead.

Last edited:
I've been considering purchasing litchi so I spent some time reading reviews today, many many ppl are having the disconnect issue with s7 and s7 edge. Litchi has been responding that it is an update by Samsung and is not only affecting litchi but dji go as we'll and that it can only be fixed on Samsung's end. They they post a link to dji forum that explains the problem and how it's affecting litchi and dji go. So seems it's Samsung's fault not dji go app. Just go to google play then to litchi app and read reviews. I fly with a nvidia shield k1 most of the time but when using a phone instead of big tab I'm using Samsung galaxy sky and it has zero issues which adds up to what I read about it affecting s7 phones. I bought an s5 to try out fpv vr as my galaxy sky doesn't have a gyroscope (cheapy straight talk phone lol) so I'll update if s5 is affected but seems it's the s7 series that Samsung updated. Hope this is helpful happy flying when u get it sorted out.

I just installed and tested the 2.8.2 version. No reboot! Tomorrow I will also flight it to check it further.

Unsuccessful test. Successive reboots!

Buy iPad mini 4

There a fix after a lengthy chat with samsung problem os the compartmental cach on phone can get a bit messed with updates i have now installed latestet software to phone then here is how to clear compartmental cach on phone.

Turn off phone

Hold volume up power and hold but all at same time till phone vibrates.
It will say installing updates then goto a blue screen as if it crashed with a yellow warning triangle. Dont worry this is normal.

Use volume up and down buttons to goto clear compartmental cach.

Then goto rebbot phone now use power button to select these menus

Phone will rebbot all apps data and everything will still be there with no loss of function.

I have tried this and works a treat 6 flights all full hour flights with no issues.

Hope thia helps guys

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj