DJI Go app issues after iOS 11 update

Reaction score
So I’m having issues with my DJI app after I updated my iPhone 6s, didn’t have this issue but I’m getting constant crashes and the HUD isn’t appearing at all. I can see the camera but the apps HUD doesn’t work. Any one else having these issues? I’m attaching an image below.

I’ve also tried this on an iPad mini, running iOS 9 or 10 and it seems to work.... but just bit on my phone.

I’m also following the guides I found here to setup my flights, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

afae02da400cc82626f017620dfbd869.jpg

Last edited:
So I’m having issues with my DJI app after I updated my iPhone 6s, didn’t have this issue but I’m getting constant crashes and the HUD isn’t appearing at all. I can see the camera but the apps HUD doesn’t work. Any one else having these issues? I’m attaching an image below.

I’m also following the guides I found here to setup my flights, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

afae02da400cc82626f017620dfbd869.jpg
Maybe you're in full screen mode? Normally you can swipe down from the top of the screen to enter full screen mode and swipe up from the bottom to exit full screen mode.

Maybe you're in full screen mode? Normally you can swipe down from the top of the screen to enter full screen mode and swipe up from the bottom to exit full screen mode.

Tried that. But seems that the screen freezes on me and I can’t control anything on the screen. It’s not responsive at all. None of the button you see on the right hand side are even responsive.

Delete the app and reinstall. I had the same issued and that fixed it

Nope tried that a millions time. Even tried hard reboot on the my phone and still nothing. I just flashed the firmware again on my P3S and thinking it was a firmware, but still nothing.

Only thing I can try is restoring my iPhone and reinstall the app. I haven’t tried this....

Seems like I figured it out, or a work around. I used my work phone to access the camera, app worked fine with iOS 11. Closed in on my work phone. Opened it back up on my personal and it works fine now. But the screen does go back to that weird like full screen mode but not showing the whole HUD, I still think there’s glitches on it.

Which version of ios 11 have you got ?
They are on version 3 or 4 already,
Or revert back to ios 10?

Which version of ios 11 have you got ?
They are on version 3 or 4 already,
Or revert back to ios 10?

Both phones are running 11.1.2.

My iPhone 6 runs the DJI GO app perfectly fine.

My iPhone 6s Plus DJI GO semi works, until I start messing with the camera menus and options like layouts, picture types, etc.... once it the HUD freezes and crashes then the whole app crashes overall. I try to reopen it and only partially the HUD opens. I reopen the app on my iPhone 6, then close it. Then open it back up on my 6s plus then it spring back to life.

But I’m pretty sure I’m running the latest version of DJI GO from the App Store 3.

Did you find a solution to this? I'm having the exact same problem! Same phone (iphone 6s plus) running the latest version of ios 11.

That app runs perfectly fine until i connect the drone. Then it just freezes in the exact same position yours did. The weird thing is that the live camera view still works (I can still see any movement happening in the camera), but the buttons aren't responsive. I can't click anything. And then after 30-45 seconds the app just crashes completely.

Last edited:
I'm thinking it was the last or second to last OS update that is bugging the DJI app. I have the same issue with my updated 6 plus, but not with an iPad running a slightly older OS.

I'm thinking it was the last or second to last OS update that is bugging the DJI app. I have the same issue with my updated 6 plus, but not with an iPad running a slightly older OS.
Yeah, my first thought was it was the latest os update that was causing it. I had just updated to 11.1.2

Has to be the iOS update. When I was in iOS 10. I didn’t have any issues with my P3S. It flew amazing even with the latest firmware.

Only was I got around was to use my work phone which is an iPhone 6, running the same iOS. It appears not to lock up or freeze like on my 6 plus.

Does anyone have any issues with iPads? Like a mini? I’m thinking of picking one up with a iPad holder for my setup.

I just got offline with DJI tech support. They confirmed compatibility issues with iOS 11 and said the next DJI Go app should fix it. But they don’t know when it is coming out.

Yeah, that's what I thought. In the future i will not be updating to the latest version of iOS until dji releases an update for their app. Should have thought of that before updating.

96215b3db6304d633a81b75e1cadb42c.jpg

Looks like there was an update to the DJI app 3 days ago. Any one still having issues with iOS 11?

Are there any other apps that can be used to control the P3 Standard? I am unable to open DJI Go at all now - even after updating. VER 3.1.23 is installed, won't even open in my iPad - ugh, a fix would be appreciated!

Yesterday DJI announced that there is a compatibility issue with iOS 11.2.5 and the latest slew of GO app versions. DJI recommends rolling back to iOS 11.2.2 until they figure out what's wrong. There is already a new iOS beta release out but I would not expect DJI to use the beta as a test bed meaning the next official iOS version may be released long before DJI notices their GO app is still trash. This tit-for-tat behavior is not winning DJI much respect and once I had established that iOS 11.2.2 and GO app 3.1.5 works fine together, I'm skipping any further upgrades from either party.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadabyanza24