DJI Go App Drains All Power iPhone 6 in 5 Min

Reaction score
I know others have had this issue using Galaxies and other phones however I did not see anyone report this on an iphone and I didnt see a solution or anything, so I am going to post my problem:

I launched the DJI Go App from my iphone 6 with a 95% charge and after no more than 5 minutes, my phone shut off due to a complete battery drain. Thank god I had an ipad mini to swap it out, because my P3P was about a mile away doing its own thing for at least a minute.

Has anyone else had this issue with an iPhone? If so, was there any fix or is this still a problem?

Thanks in advance.

No issues here. I use an iPhone 6s+ with App version 2.4.2. I can fly 4 batteries on my P3P and my phone will use about 25% - 30% of its battery. I would delete the app and reinstall, as well as hard reset your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

has this happened more than once? have you tried restarting the phone? reinstalling the DJI app? my phone usually drains quickly just because I have it in maximum brightness while flying. I keep a USB battery pack in my case now for this situation.

I know others have had this issue using Galaxies and other phones however I did not see anyone report this on an iphone and I didnt see a solution or anything, so I am going to post my problem:

I launched the DJI Go App from my iphone 6 with a 95% charge and after no more than 5 minutes, my phone shut off due to a complete battery drain. Thank god I had an ipad mini to swap it out, because my P3P was about a mile away doing its own thing for at least a minute.

Has anyone else had this issue with an iPhone? If so, was there any fix or is this still a problem?

Thanks in advance.
If not due to cold weather, perhaps one of these related threads will have some good advice for you.

iPhone 6 battery dead after 1 flight... | DJI Phantom Forum

Draining battery on my phone | DJI Phantom Forum

iPhone dies in cold weather fast | DJI Phantom Forum

Yes this keeps happening despite reinstalling software. Maybe Ill stick with the ipad. Thanks everyone!

Yea my 6 plus usually goes threw 20% for one full flight

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

has this happened more than once? have you tried restarting the phone? reinstalling the DJI app? my phone usually drains quickly just because I have it in maximum brightness while flying. I keep a USB battery pack in my case now for this situation.
How did you use USB power pack as USB port gets busy communicating with RC?

My iphone 5s uses power like crazy. At least 50% for a 15 minute flight. It has been very cold where I live and fly and I found it helps to start with a nice warm iphone so I put mine on my vehicle defroster to warm it before flights and it helps. I have even thought of taping a chemical hand warmer pack to it but have not tried yet. My coldest flight was -25 F.

my iphone 6 shut off on me in 15f degrees the other day, just normal use while at the park with the kid. kind of glad that happened to me so I know now. it was after about 5 - 10 minutes

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4