Dji go app disconnected

Reaction score
I flew today and was 1050 m away and the app showed disconnected and get grey, i could not se distance and more, i got were scared to loose the drone, but after over 3 min the drone came back home, in the video i did se the drone just hoovered over 2 mins when the app disconnected before it rth. Why did the disconnected? And why did not the drone came hom direct when disconnected? It was no lost signal before the app disconnected

Last edited:
Did you lose FPV or did the remote controller disconnect? RTH should initiate within 3 seconds when the remote controller disconnects. However, if you only lost FPV, then your Phantom should just hover if you're not commanding it with the sticks.

Did you lose FPV or did the remote controller disconnect? RTH should initiate within 3 seconds when the remote controller disconnects. However, if you only lost FPV, then your Phantom should just hover if you're not commanding it with the sticks.
o lost the fpv first then the app got disconnected i think i did not lost the controller signal, its happen two days ago to when i flew 770 m away, why does the app disconnect when loosing fpv? I could not use any button i app when disconnected so its scared me a lot

When you lose FPV, you should no longer see the live video, speed, altitude, etc. You should still be able to use the DJI GO app though. It sounds like the DJI GO app might have froze up on you. If that happens, the only thing you can do is restart it.

When you lose FPV, you should no longer see the live video, speed, altitude, etc. You should still be able to use the DJI GO app though. It sounds like the DJI GO app might have froze up on you. If that happens, the only thing you can do is restart it.
Does the home point be the same if i restart the dji go app in flight?

The home point will not be automatically reset after it's set when your Phantom starts up.

The home point will not be automatically reset after it's set when your Phantom starts up.
Good to hear :) its seems like the app crash when i fly long away, it has happend two times and both times i have been over 700 m away, first fpv looses then the app get disconnected, i am scared to fly long away now when i cant se if it goes home or not and i dont have any information about speed, batteri ect. The app connect when i get closer again, but today i was really scared when it tooks 3 min before the rth function kicked in, i think it lost the rc signal when it initial rth, but it hoovered over 2 min before the rc signal lost, first i got a question in app if i want it to go home, i clicked it but it got timed out and then i got scared :/ but it did came back home after 3 min

Last edited:
o lost the fpv first then the app got disconnected i think i did not lost the controller signal, its happen two days ago to when i flew 770 m away, why does the app disconnect when loosing fpv? I could not use any button i app when disconnected so its scared me a lot
Mine did the same thing to me yesterday It might have been the app freezing up, My screen also went gray and would not respond. I freaked and decided to shut the controller off and it came back and landed.

I hope I don't panic when it happens to me. I'm just too nervous to go that far. I think I went over 1k today. In distance that is. Not altitude.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm with you Tony. I can't even see the orientation when it gets beyond 100 yards or so.

Since I have updated to 9.2.1 I have had this happen twice while out quite abit . I just rebooted my Mini and it reconnected .
After 183 flights this has been the only times .
Never panic ..just think it out and hopefully all will be well :)

Reactions: SZNJ732
You know, i was also confused by the RTH function in the beginning.
The DJI manual says RTH kicks in 3 sec after the "Remote controller signal" is lost..
It doesn't specify which signal, the radio or wifi signal, since both signals are handled by the remote controller.
The first time i lost my FPV Wifi signal, i was just standing there waiting for it to come home to me.
Then i realized that it aint coming home. I was still able to see it, just hovering there..
Thats how i figured out that i could still control and fly it beyond my wifi signal range..

upload_2016-2-10_1-20-27.png

It stills disconnecting so something must be wrong with dji go 2.6.0 update
This thread was started before 2.60 was released.
Unless you got it early. I did not get that update until the first week of February. Before it was 2.51.

BaHahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Ya caught me Tony :)
I missed that..but what I said is true . And after rereading this ya know I have never when stock ever lost FPV first .
Has always been TX and that was just because of distance..until I did update my IOS . I've yet to update to 2.60

Remember the left switch flip it a few times to do a manual call for RTH because sometimes you lose video but still have control over 5.8ghz. If it sat there and hovered that's what happened

BaHahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I missed that..but what I said is true . And after rereading this ya know I have never when stock ever lost FPV first .
Has always been TX and that was just because of distance..until I did update my IOS . I've yet to update to 2.60
The only thing the update does from what I can tell is allow some additional video editing features. Like transitions and fade features. Nothing else.

BaHahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Downgrade your app!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair