DJI Go app beeps until takeof

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a newbie here. I recently bought a P4, and have been flying a few times with it last couple of weeks.

After a week of inactivity however, since yesterday, I now get beeps (about 1Hz) from the Go app as soon as I start the motors spinning, in P-mode. I do get enough GPS sattelites though, and the compass is calibrated too.These beeps remain until I take off.

Is this normal? I don't recall having these beeps before. I upgraded to the latest firmware, recalibrated the compass, looked for warnings in the Go app... read the manual once more... nothing... I cannot find anything mentioned about this.

Once I take off, the beeps disappear and the phantom flies perfectly normal.

Anyone else having this?

Are you sure the beeps are not coming from your remote controller? Does the beeping stop if you move the remote controller sticks?

Take a screenshot of the go app of the issue. I'm suspecting your obstacle avoidance sensors are blocked. If you look in the top center of your screen are the sensor bars red?

Take a screenshot of the go app of the issue. I'm suspecting your obstacle avoidance sensors are blocked. If you look in the top center of your screen are the sensor bars red?
No, but indeed it looks like it has something to do with the bottom vertical distance sensors. Although all looks clean, I used a cloth to clean the senor lenses, and the beeps are becoming irregular in time now... they even disappear now and then for a while.

After taking off and above about 50 cm (about 20 inch) then the beeps stop completely. Also, in S or A mode, I don't have them. Hmmm... weird. No irregular LED patterns on the P4 or any kind of warning messages though...

Here's a screenshot:
2016_06_22_20_25_57.jpg
2016-06-22 20.25.57.jpg

It looks like the forward sensors are seeing the blades of grass. (This has happened with mine).. Try put the craft on a perfectly flat surface such as concrete pavement. If it goes away then it is the grass.

I also had the beeps in similar situations. However once I calibrated the sensors I did get them again. I used a takeoff/landing pad due to the grass as the although mowed grass was tall and thick. As I said once calibrated the beeps prior to takeoff have not returned.

Nothing to worry about. As mentioned, your OA sensors are detecting the grass. As you mention it does not occur in S and A mode because OA is disabled in those modes. I have those OA beeps as well if they are detecting the ground in front of the drone before take off.

Thank you all for your valuable feedback.

I just calibrated the sensors via the Assistant 2, indoor. When I fly indoor (did not do that before) in P-mode, I still get the beeps (consistently at approx 1Hz), however when flying outdoor now, the beeps are gone in open air, but reappear when I fly under my carport. Could it be that the beeps warn you when you're flying in P-mode with insufficient # of satellites, and that in that case the horizontal positioning system (via the bottom sensors) takes over? So the beeps actually tell you that the horizontal positioning system is in progress? So maybe the behavior I am experiencing is normal, but if that's the case, why isn't this nowhere mentioned in the manual...?

Finally found the cause: it is just the obstacle detection that starts beeping as a warning as soon as an object is closer than 3 meter in front of the AC.... now I realize I made my last flights lifting off in front of a hedge that was about 2m away.... all becomes clear now!

Finally found the cause: it is just the obstacle detection that starts beeping as a warning as soon as an object is closer than 3 meter in front of the AC.... now I realize I made my last flights lifting off in front of a hedge that was about 2m away.... all becomes clear now!
I was going to say...
This was included in one of the latest updates

Probably, however I just checked the release notes: nothing about this mentioned in any of the updates.... it is a nice feature though, once you know why it beeps! ;)

I had a problem after the last FW update where my RC was beeping when I turned it on & stating that it needed a calibration. So, using my iPad 4 mini, I would go into the calibration, start it and the beeping would stop but I had no control of the AC. No arming or anything.The calibration would start but it would never finish. A couple of times after turning it on and off it worked but it was real sketchy and didn't give me a comfort level flying. Finally, I tried my iPhone 6S and was able to start and finish the RC calibration and now everything works fine. Don't know for sure if it was the iPhone that fixed the problem or just happened to work that way, but I'm fine now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31