DJI Go app battery gobbler??

Reaction score
Hi

Is there anyone else having problems with the Dji Go app using up battery power rapidly on their IPhone 6s?? I've just got my p3s 3 days ago and getting used to it but it goes through a whole charge in 20 minutes while flying!!
Is this normal??

it does eat battery. but you're in luck since you're flying a standard or 4K. you can at least plug you're phone into an inexpensive USB battery pack while flying.

Reactions: dirtybum
Disable video cache in general settings.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1459121396.064850.jpg

I definitely agree. I first tried to use my iPhone 5 with the DJI GO app, and it ate up my battery from about 85% down to shutting off with reserve power save in about 15 minutes. The iPhone is old and I know the battery is not the best, but that was a surprise to me.

I've been using my iPad Air, and that works much better for me. The app is still a battery eater, but it only uses about 20% battery during a full battery flight.

smp

And at least on Android, I have to go in on application manager and force close it there. If not, the app causes a great standby battery drainage.

And at least on Android, I have to go in on application manager and force close it there. If not, the app causes a great standby battery drainage.
It doesn't matter if you force close it, the app will continue to open up all the time in the background. Probably lose 5 hrs battery time in a day because of this app.

It doesn't matter if you force close it, the app will continue to open up all the time in the background. Probably lose 5 hrs battery time in a day because of this app.

Really? I force close mine all the time when done flying and it never opens back up. No battery loss at all once its closed.

Are you flying when it's cold iPhone batteries deplete fast when it's cold and flying. I find flying the PIII standard or the P2 vision plus with Wi-Fi the iPhone works better than android phones. Unfortunately when it's cold out I have to choose the android, I-phone will shut off after 15 minutes and usually midflight

it does eat battery. but you're in luck since you're flying a standard or 4K. you can at least plug you're phone into an inexpensive USB battery pack while flying.
How can you plug your phone into an external battery if the one lightning port is already being used by the controller?

How can you plug your phone into an external battery if the one lightning port is already being used by the controller?
unlike the models with light bridge, you do not plug in your mobile device into the remotes of the standard and 4K models.

unlike the models with light bridge, you do not plug in your mobile device into the remotes of the standard and 4K models.
Thanks much, but I must be missing something. Iphone6 has to connect to the Phantom3 Pro controller through a lightning to USB connector in order for the app to work. That takes up the one data/charge port available on the phone. I just bought an Apple extra battery pack cover/case to try and solve for the problem.

I honestly haven't noticed it. I noticed the phone gets hot but that's from the sun

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks much, but I must be missing something. Iphone6 has to connect to the Phantom3 Pro controller through a lightning to USB connector in order for the app to work. That takes up the one data/charge port available on the phone. I just bought an Apple extra battery pack cover/case to try and solve for the problem.

the only thing you're missing is that this topic is in the standard/4k section, not the adv/pro section. :)

We don't have to plug in the controller with the standard right? Lol

We don't have to plug in the controller with the standard right? Lol

Correct! Only the Advanced/Pro require the mobile device to plug into the RC. The latest Go app update mentions power consumption so maybe they've done something to reduce battery drain!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.