Dji GO App - ANDROID FORCE CLOSING

Reaction score
The dji go app force closes every single time. (Galaxy S6 Edge). I DOWNLOADED EACH AND EVERY WAY POSSIBLE. i.e., the dji.com website, google play store. Fully uninstalling, and then reinstalling each time. Everything (firmware) is updated to the most current version and has never given me such problems. In fact, i have been using the Dji Ultimate Flight app with no problems. Unfortunately i still need access to the actual Dji GO app.

Ya'll say to uninstall the google play service update; fine.... Still didn't fix the app from force closing when trying to open. In fact... uninstalling the google service update only caused my other apps such as gmail, youtube, etc... to not work unless the update was ultimately re enabled.

Yes my phone is in developer mode, yes debugging mode was, and still is activated. The only fix i have found was to delete each and every dji file that is on your phone, and then reinstall the app.

This momentarily fixes the issue of causing the app to force close, and you are able to utilize the app as necessary. HOWEVER, i have found that anytime i download a file of any kind via the DJI GO App, the problem is unfortunately back and the app begins force closing yet again... DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SOLID INPUT AS TO WHAT I COULD DO TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM!?!?!?

The dji go app force closes every single time. (Galaxy S6 Edge). I DOWNLOADED EACH AND EVERY WAY POSSIBLE. i.e., the dji.com website, google play store. Fully uninstalling, and then reinstalling each time. Everything (firmware) is updated to the most current version and has never given me such problems. In fact, i have been using the Dji Ultimate Flight app with no problems. Unfortunately i still need access to the actual Dji GO app.

Ya'll say to uninstall the google play service update; fine.... Still didn't fix the app from force closing when trying to open. In fact... uninstalling the google service update only caused my other apps such as gmail, youtube, etc... to not work unless the update was ultimately re enabled.

Yes my phone is in developer mode, yes debugging mode was, and still is activated. The only fix i have found was to delete each and every dji file that is on your phone, and then reinstall the app.

This momentarily fixes the issue of causing the app to force close, and you are able to utilize the app as necessary. HOWEVER, i have found that anytime i download a file of any kind via the DJI GO App, the problem is unfortunately back and the app begins force closing yet again... DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SOLID INPUT AS TO WHAT I COULD DO TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM!?!?!?
You just indicated that your phone is in developer mode and debugging mode is still active-- sound like that this may be the conflict-- you may be trying to accomplish something that is not possible. Wish you luck

I had the same problem with one of my android tablet. Here is how I fix it:

1) uninstall the DJI GO app on the tablet
2) by using a file browser, go to your storage drive, delete the DJI directory. (This is important)
3) go to google play and install the app again

This solve my problem, at least I can start the app normally without crashing. I tested it with the P3, it seems to work fine now.

Reactions: Mordor
Just in case (for me works):
Go to the "Service Google", uninstall all updates, force it to back to factory mode.

Before open the aplication, enter Flight Mode, and kill all aplications you don`t need.

Now open the DJI aplication.

2) by using a file browser, go to your storage drive, delete the DJI directory. (This is important)

This solve my problem, at least I can start the app normally without crashing. I tested it with the P3, it seems to work fine now.

This process worked for me.

NOTE: This issue started after I tried to copy a video from the P3 to the tablet.

Just tried again....worked fine until I tried to offload the video.

I backed up the album directory, and deleted the app. Reinstalled it, and tried to restore the album directory....crash. Bah.

Last edited:
DJI really have to pay attention to their android version of the app. The iOS version works like a dream. I rather run my iPhone 6 instead of my 8" android tablet.

Maybe you should try version 1.1.0. Works like a charm to me...

Also, you could try another rom on your S6, like previous KitKat (if you are on Lollipot).

No issues here.....even on cheap chinese tablet....

Maybe you should try version 1.1.0. Works like a charm to me...

Also, you could try another rom on your S6, like previous KitKat (if you are on Lollipot).

No issues here.....even on cheap chinese tablet....

Brought the tablet back to Best Buy for refund. I much prefer the iOS with the DJI GO app.

Reactions: Phantomsphere

Thanks ..."thestoned 11"
Your fix was right on the money.
Nvidia Shield works flawlessly now with Go Pilot app.
Worked for me.

Thanks "thestone 11"
You nailed it , great fix. Dji Go Pilot App

works great now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31