DJI Go app and iOS 9.0 problem

Obviously, you saw my comment to Oso before I was able to delete it for my being mistaken. When I stated that the link was broken. After trying it again, it worked. So sorry for any confusion. Frustration will do that to a person.

I noticed that the version you get from that Apple website is exactly what I had downloaded from another website, IPSWDownloads. Go figure.

I'll try it one more and for the last time. If it's a go, fine. If not, I have to sit and be patient and hopeful that both Apple and DJI can work together from now on. Because, these Phantoms are NOT cheap!

Thanks to all for any and all suggestions.
Its okay, no worries. I knew the link wasn't broken. Broken links are a pet peeve of mine, so I obsess about trying them before posting anywhere, and then I immediately check them after posting just in case. I just can't help myself.

Yes, the iOS files are normally widely available. Its not unusual to get the same file from several sites, so it's just a matter of using a trusted site. You can easily get iOS files all the way back to iOS 1, though of course Apple wont sign off on the install of any iOS prior to 8.4.1. I think the older ones are for the jailbreak community, but I dont jailbreak so I can't say with certainty.

I hope you are having better luck this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
After updating my iPad Mini 3 to iOS 9.0 I have had 2 problems:

1. FPV blacks out frequently. I'm guessing it's a screen refresh problem. I have a strong signal.

2. iTunes no longer recognizes DJI GO app as having file sharing ability.

Anyone else having these problems?
Anyone know of a fix, or can suggest possible solutions?

Thanks,
Denis
I had no choice but to upload by verizon making me ! I have big lag and weird problems.

I get an error no matter where I try to download the IPSW from : (Ipad mini 3 cellular)

"DOWNLOAD FAILED"
"Safari cannot download this file"

No explanation or other information.
Are you downloading to your mobile device instead of to a computer?

Are you downloading to your mobile device instead of to a computer?

I was trying to download to the device. I am now busy downloading to my laptop.

I was trying to download to the device. I am now busy downloading to my laptop.

Cool. I have now re-istalled IOS 8.4.1 and lost all my apps in the process. I have reinstalled DJI GO - fortunately I had copied my flight records to my desktop for HealthyDrones, otherwise I would have lost those too.

How do I reinstall Autopilot without buying it and the in-app purchases again?

Cool. I have now re-istalled IOS 8.4.1 and lost all my apps in the process. I have reinstalled DJI GO - fortunately I had copied my flight records to my desktop for HealthyDrones, otherwise I would have lost those too.

How do I reinstall Autopilot without buying it and the in-app purchases again?

you should be able to just re-download it... and the app has a way to restore your purchased items

you should be able to just re-download it... and the app has a way to restore your purchased items
Thanks. All sorted now. (I'm not all that familiar with Apple and IOS - only use it for my Phantom.)

Thanks. All sorted now. (I'm not all that familiar with Apple and IOS - only use it for my Phantom.)

No problem... and if you want to avoid the issue of losing all your apps in the future... set up the icloud backup... then you can just restore them from the last backup.

Its okay, no worries. I knew the link wasn't broken. Broken links are a pet peeve of mine, so I obsess about trying them before posting anywhere, and then I immediately check them after posting just in case. I just can't help myself.

Yes, the iOS files are normally widely available. Its not unusual to get the same file from several sites, so it's just a matter of using a trusted site. You can easily get iOS files all the way back to iOS 1, though of course Apple wont sign off on the install of any iOS prior to 8.4.1. I think the older ones are for the jailbreak community, but I dont jailbreak so I can't say with certainty.

I hope you are having better luck this time.
Sorry but no. I'm more frustrated than ever in trying to downgrade my iPad 2 mini w/wifi

After downloading the file you provided in that link, iPad4,4_8.4.1_12H321_Restore.zip
this is what is in that file:
File 1.jpg
After opening the Firmware folder I got this:
File 1.jpg
File 2.jpg

Opening the all_flash folder I got:
File 3.jpg

Finally opening all_flash.j85ap.production I got:
File 4.jpg

Nowhere do I see the IPSW file. Furthermore, when I use iTunes following the instructions it asks me to open all these files yet none of these files show & I get nothing. Watching youTube vids I see an IPSW file they use and it seems fairly simple to do. I can't get there?!

I'm at a COMPLETE loss!

Attachments

• File 1.jpg
    File 1.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 233
  • File 2.jpg
    File 2.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 194
  • File 3.jpg
    File 3.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 205
  • File 4.jpg
    File 4.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 241
Sorry but no. I'm more frustrated than ever in trying to downgrade my iPad 2 mini w/wifi

After downloading the file you provided in that link, iPad4,4_8.4.1_12H321_Restore.zip
this is what is in that file:
View attachment 32197 After opening the Firmware folder I got this:
View attachment 32197 View attachment 32198
Opening the all_flash folder I got:
View attachment 32199
Finally opening all_flash.j85ap.production I got:
View attachment 32200
Nowhere do I see the IPSW file. Furthermore, when I use iTunes following the instructions it asks me to open all these files yet none of these files show & I get nothing. Watching youTube vids I see an IPSW file they use and it seems fairly simple to do. I can't get there?!

I'm at a COMPLETE loss!
Try this. I found it in a 2 second google search. Maybe it will work for you too.

SOB! Why didn't I THINK OF THAT!? Frustration will cloud the brain!
Thanks Oso!
It is super easy to get tunnel vision when trying to troubleshoot something. It has happened to me many times. Cheers!

Reactions: JoBe
DO NOT UPGRADE your ipad to 9.0. If you have, put it back if there are any issues and be sure to change the downloaded 8.4.1 file extension to ipsw instead of zip that is the default. Sorry Lonewolf if I had seen your problem this weekend might have saved you some anxiety. Horrendous lag even at close range. I found nothing in 9.0 that I need so I will stay with what works just fine.

I updated IOS to 9.1 for beta testers and i think this solve the problem! I saw another guy saying that he solve the problem with 9.1. Maybe be a solution! Just sign the beta program and install it!

I updated IOS to 9.1 for beta testers and i think this solve the problem! I saw another guy saying that he solve the problem with 9.1. Maybe be a solution! Just sign the beta program and install it!
Thanks for your opinion but I am not looking for a solution, already have one, don't update if what you have can do the job and you most certainly don't want to be a beta tester. Hope everything continues to work out for you but IMO if you haven't moved to 9 stay put, at least for now.

DO NOT UPGRADE your ipad to 9.0. If you have, put it back if there are any issues and be sure to change the downloaded 8.4.1 file extension to ipsw instead of zip that is the default. Sorry Lonewolf if I had seen your problem this weekend might have saved you some anxiety. Horrendous lag even at close range. I found nothing in 9.0 that I need so I will stay with what works just fine.
I'm very surprised that all those websites that offer the downgrade iOS 8.4.1 don't inform or remind the downloader to change the .zip/rar extension to the .IPSW extension?!

I'm very surprised that all those websites that offer the downgrade iOS 8.4.1 don't inform or remind the downloader to change the .zip/rar extension to the .IPSW extension?!
Yeah sometimes they forget that all of us are not techy, glad you got it figured out b4 something bad happened

Yeah sometimes they forget that all of us are not techy, glad you got it figured out b4 something bad happened
You mean like smashing the iPad into smithereens? Nah. It's like when I work on a crossword puzzle, if I don't get a clue right away or after a few minutes, I'll move onto the next or, put it down and come back to it later. Clearing the fog for awhile almost always renders a solution.

Computers are only as smart as the person that programmed them. And with them, there's always a logical explanation or solution.

Reactions: Oso

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20