DJI Go app and iOS 9.0 problem

Reaction score
After updating my iPad Mini 3 to iOS 9.0 I have had 2 problems:

1. FPV blacks out frequently. I'm guessing it's a screen refresh problem. I have a strong signal.

2. iTunes no longer recognizes DJI GO app as having file sharing ability.

Anyone else having these problems?
Anyone know of a fix, or can suggest possible solutions?

Thanks,
Denis

1. FPV blacks out frequently. I'm guessing it's a screen refresh problem. I have a strong signal.

Thanks,
Denis
Check this thread out-- more negatives on 9
Strange changes to map replay after iOS 9.0

Thanks,
Denis
I am not having the problem.
Also file sharing still works.

Are you using iTunes on a mac or windows ?
Mine is on a mac.

DJI Forum|DJI GO for iOS9

DJI GO is experiencing minor compatibility issues with iOS9 resulting in some instability. Our development team is working to remedy this and a fully iOS9 compatible version is scheduled for release in 2-3 weeks.

We recommended delaying your upgrade until the updated DJI Go is available. If you have already updated and are experiencing issues we suggest downgrading to iOS 8.4.1.

I just downgraded on my ipad mini 3 - I followed these instructions: Downgrade iOS 9 / 9.0.1 To iOS 8.4.1, Here's How [Guide] | Redmond Pie
Nope. Followed the directions on that site and when opening the firmware folder I get 3 more folders all_flash, dfu, usr. Open the 1st & get another folder all_flash.k93ap.production. Open that and get an empty folder. Open the others & get same results. All empty folders.

I'm at a complete loss here.

Acquired iOS 8.4.1 Final from https://ipsw.me/8.4.1.com

EDIT: With the release of iOS 9.02 on September 30, Apple stopped signing off on iOS 8.4.1. Users can no longer upgrade or downgrade to those versions of iOS using iTunes.

I just downgraded yesterday on my Air 2. Here is my post on how I did it.
More iOS 9.0 funnies! | DJI Phantom Forum

It took only a few minutes after the large iOS file downloaded.

Last edited:
Nope. Followed the directions on that site and when opening the firmware folder I get 3 more folders all_flash, dfu, usr. Open the 1st & get another folder all_flash.k93ap.production. Open that and get an empty folder. Open the others & get same results. All empty folders.

I'm at a complete loss here.

Acquired iOS 8.4.1 Final from https://ipsw.me/8.4.1.com

what device? Like I said... I JUST did it with my ipad mini 3 with cellular - maybe they stopped signing some but not others?

I just downgraded yesterday on my Air 2. Here is my post on how I did it.
More iOS 9.0 funnies! | DJI Phantom Forum

It took only a few minutes after the large iOS file downloaded.
Well, I'm glad for you. For some reason I get nothing?!

I see most of you that were able to do so are using the iPad Air. I'm stuck with the Mini 2 wifi with no luck downgrading back to iOS 8 .4.1 ****! Guess I'll have to hope for the best with the new GoApp due out in 3 weeks.

It's a real shame companies like DJI & Apple can't work together. Especially when they both offer great products.

I guess I'm the only one without issues. Upgraded my iPhone 6 plus last night. Decided to wait to do my iPad mini. Had a shoot this AM, flew 3 batteries and everything worked fine

Well, I'm glad for you. For some reason I get nothing?!

I see most of you that were able to do so are using the iPad Air. I'm stuck with the Mini 2 wifi with no luck downgrading back to iOS 8 .4.1 ****! Guess I'll have to hope for the best with the new GoApp due out in 3 weeks.

It's a real shame companies like DJI & Apple can't work together. Especially when they both offer great products.

EDIT: With the release of iOS 9.02 on September 30, Apple stopped signing off on iOS 8.4.1. Users can no longer upgrade or downgrade to those versions of iOS using iTunes.

Are you going to the link I gave you and scrolling down to get the correct ipsw file for a Mini 2 wifi? If not, how about this, here is the direct link for a Mini 2 wifi that I just copied from that site. Note to other readers - this is the correct file for a Mini 2 wifi only!
http://appldnld.apple.com/ios8.4.1/...F1A3A53DB92/iPad4,4_8.4.1_12H321_Restore.ipsw

All you need to do is download that file to your computer (it's big and takes a while) and once it has downloaded then follow the steps in the other link I gave you.
How to Downgrade from iOS 9 Back to iOS 8.4.1 | OSXDaily

I checked and Apple is still signing off on 8.4.1 since so many people had issues with the upgrade process on 9.0.

The steps are rather easy, so I expect it should go smoothly for you should you choose to give it a try. If you don't, 9.1 is due in a few weeks to replace the current 9.0.1. Hopefully the new Go app when also released in a few weeks works well with 9.1 for most people.

Good luck sir.

Last edited:
Thanks Oso but that link you gave to Apple responds with an "Oops! This link appears to be broken." Message. I'm really frustrated right now & not confident to fly until a legitimate, substantiated fix is made by BOTH Apple & DJI.
Who knows how long we will be waiting for that to happen? Over a week ago I emailed DJI regarding issues with IOS 9. They finally got back to me yesterday with this very helpful response:

Dear Timothy,

Thank you for contacting DJI North America. We apologize about the delayed response. Currently we are experiencing compatibility issues with the DJI GO App with iOS 9 devices. We are currently working on a fix for this issue so that customer may use their iOS 9 devices with their units. We apologize about this inconvenience as there is currently no ETA for when the fix will happen.
Thank you for choosing DJI.

Nothing more than what I already expected from DJI.....

Who knows how long we will be waiting for that to happen? Over a week ago I emailed DJI regarding issues with IOS 9. They finally got back to me yesterday with this very helpful response:

Dear Timothy,

Thank you for contacting DJI North America. We apologize about the delayed response. Currently we are experiencing compatibility issues with the DJI GO App with iOS 9 devices. We are currently working on a fix for this issue so that customer may use their iOS 9 devices with their units. We apologize about this inconvenience as there is currently no ETA for when the fix will happen.
Thank you for choosing DJI.

Nothing more than what I already expected from DJI.....

Obviously, you saw my comment to Oso before I was able to delete it for my being mistaken. When I stated that the link was broken. After trying it again, it worked. So sorry for any confusion. Frustration will do that to a person.

I noticed that the version you get from that Apple website is exactly what I had downloaded from another website, IPSWDownloads. Go figure.

I'll try it one more and for the last time. If it's a go, fine. If not, I have to sit and be patient and hopeful that both Apple and DJI can work together from now on. Because, these Phantoms are NOT cheap!

Thanks to all for any and all suggestions.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj