DJI GO and New upgrade

So to confirm, I don't need to update the rc right? I guess it updates through the app anyway so it'll tell me..
As long as the RC was properly updated through the prior update, there is no new RC update this time. The RC firmware remains the same, as does the battery firmware. Only the tablet app and the aircraft firmware are changed. Also, unless you experience any issues, no need to recalibrate the IMU, the transmitter, the gimbal, and the compass. They were all unaffected by the update for me!

Reactions: 30secs
how can I update just the rc if using the usb method does not work? The P3 is up to date ( firmware 1.400.10)

how can I update just the rc if using the usb method does not work? The P3 is up to date ( firmware 1.400.10)
Are you using a USB card reader containg the mini SD card (with the .BIN file in the root directory and no other files on it), plugged into the USB port on the RC?

That's correct, when I tried to update (1.3.20) the rc , it did not work. I did read the B models did not need upgrade....

i updated the app and my drone i was previously using the Litchi app to use the features but i cant seem to find them in the Dji go app can anyone help me please!

i updated the app and my drone i was previously using the Litchi app to use the features but i cant seem to find them in the Dji go app can anyone help me please!

You have to be flying in order to find them.

Hover the aircraft, flick the switch on the left hand side of your controller from P to F, and the settings will appear.

Well I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I was mortified when I did a photo shoot for a realtor, got home, and I had a fraction of the pics to work with.

I'll mess around and try to figure out the workaround for their error, but I sure hope that they fix it soon.
That's what fixed this behavior for me - taking a shot using the button in the app, not the one on the controller. After that, the buttons on the controller are working correctly.

That's what fixed this behavior for me - taking a shot using the button in the app, not the one on the controller. After that, the buttons on the controller are working correctly.
Yes, the RC shutter button replicates the last shutter press on the screen in the app, even if you change modes. Always take the first new mode shot with the onscreen shutter press.:cool:

Reactions: swoopair
Generally, there is no detail, but I recall reading earlier today that a bug with multiple shots had been squashed. I hope I am correct in that recollection.:eek:
I can't find the source right now.
It's in the FW release notes on the dji site where you download the FW and apps, "manuals," etc (I put it in quotes b/c the manuals are very space!)

It's in the FW release notes on the dji site where you download the FW and apps, "manuals," etc (I put it in quotes b/c the manuals are very sparce!)
Thanks for confirming I wasn't crazy! Glad it has been fixed, too, if it has, and even acknowledged, which is rare!:cool:

I have not downloaded the new Go app as my bird is flying fine the way it is- I am going on a trip next week and do not want it to get messed up. With the new upgrade -way point/ follow me -will I need to download Go app or will it work with the old Pilot app. Thanks
Well, I am very pleased with the new DJI-Go app. Before, no matter what I did, I had really bad, seriously bad video lag. I'm using a Nexus 9 which was one of the "approved" android tablets, similar specs to the Nvidia Shield. I had the image transmission rate turned down as low as it would go, but still the image was useless. Then I upgraded to the dji Go app and the latest (now previous) FW and it's awesome! For the first time I can actually maneuver the drone by looking at the screen! I had given up trying to find out why the lag was so bad for me. But now it's fixed, yeah!
Then, while out in the field after getting excellent results, I loaded a different SD card with the latest FW on it. (I also had downloaded the latest copy of the app onto my tablet, but when I tried to install it, it wouldn't--apparently it was the same version. Only a FW upgrade, and for the plane only.) So, after swapping the SD card with the new FW on it, I turned the plane on and waited. It took a while, but eventually it started beeping the Morse code "D" and the camera indicator light turned green. I didn't have the luxury of checking the text file for "success" since I was in the field, but I took a chance. I took off, hovered, everything looked good. I started to fly out around, and everything went well, but I wasn't able to try out the new features yet because by then it was too dark. But I'll get a chance in a few days! All in all, I am very pleased--except according to Miguel's video, you can't plan a waypoint mission ahead of time, and that is a feature that I need. Guess I'll have to look into other software for that.

Reactions: huntjock

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik