DJI GO and New upgrade

Reaction score
I have not downloaded the new Go app as my bird is flying fine the way it is- I am going on a trip next week and do not want it to get messed up. With the new upgrade -way point/ follow me -will I need to download Go app or will it work with the old Pilot app. Thanks

You will need to update your Phantom and radio controller, and any intelligent flight batteries as well.

Don't worry it will be fine... The new features are very exciting.
We are fortunate to get them...

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
I would advise you to upgrade to the Go App simply because you will not be able to use the new features that will be coming Monday with the Pilot App.The Go app for me has worked well with both my P3A/P3P and Inspire 1's. I can't wait for the Upgrades!

Sometimes I think that I'm the only one with this issue:

I upgraded to the Go app and have found a pretty significant flaw. If I snap a picture in HDR and then switch to AEB, it doesn't snap the requested 5 pictures. In fact, although it indicates that it has switched, it just registers another HDR picture.

That being said, if you're just flying it as a hobby, switch to the GO app. If you're deep into the photography and you want to rely on camera settings, stay with the pilot app.

I upgraded to the Go app and have found a pretty significant flaw. If I snap a picture in HDR and then switch to AEB, it doesn't snap the requested 5 pictures. In fact, although it indicates that it has switched, it just registers another HDR picture.

That being said, if you're just flying it as a hobby, switch to the GO app. If you're deep into the photography and you want to rely on camera settings, stay with the pilot app.
You aren't the only one that noticed that. I cant remember which button fixes it though.. I THINK its that you need to change mode, then take a shot with the shutter button in the app. Then the button on the transmitter will work properly.

I am going on a trip next week and do not want it to get messed up
Since all is working well now, I'd wait and install the updates when you return. Nobody knows what kind of bugs will be introduced. Then again, everything could be flawless.

Reactions: jcknows0 and jhoke
You aren't the only one that noticed that. I cant remember which button fixes it though.. I THINK its that you need to change mode, then take a shot with the shutter button in the app. Then the button on the transmitter will work properly.

Well I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I was mortified when I did a photo shoot for a realtor, got home, and I had a fraction of the pics to work with.

I'll mess around and try to figure out the workaround for their error, but I sure hope that they fix it soon.

The new firmware in action...

Thanks, Miguel, for taking the time to demo the new functionality. The waypoint implementation in the app is not going to work well for my purpose - agricultural recon.

For example, I need to be able to have the bird rise from 7500' to '8500 over a 1.75 mile run, and from that point drop to 7200' over a 1.25 mile run, THEN move from point to point taking video of animals, water, feed, fences, etc, for a couple of minutes and finally to return home. The path to do this manually would not be ideal, as the trails (horse/foot) are not "as the crow flies"

This is just one example of several missions for me. I only need video beyond visual range (bvr).

Seems the capability is supported in firmware but not by the app. Disappointing. I may look into the SDK and developing a "simple" (iOS) app for setting up a mission WITHOUT having to first manually record the waypoints. I would need to figure out how waypoint mission management is accomplished - whether the mission planning/setup and the mission loading and the mission execution can be done independently - that is, if i could develop a planning app and store it to the drone, then run the mission from the GO app (or some other app).

Now, if an iOS app would support such waypoint missions, then that would be good. However, if Litchi (android) supports this already, then I may need to consider that route.

Would really like to figure this all out before moving from summer ranges to winter ranges mid-Oct. (Winter range missions will be much simpler setups...won't go into that now)

That's an acknowledged fixed bug in the new update. :cool:

Curious: where are these level of detailed bug fixes acknowledged at?
Generally, there is no detail, but I recall reading earlier today that a bug with multiple shots had been squashed. I hope I am correct in that recollection.:eek:
I can't find the source right now.

Reactions: AlmostTan
Generally, there is no detail, but I recall reading earlier today that a bug with multiple shots had been squashed. I hope I am correct in that recollection.:eek:
I can't find the source right now.
No worries, I just got excited that something like that did indeed exist :)

I just updated my craft to the new firmware, can't get the rc to update. Was using craft's SD card and a USB adapter but no luck. This is my first time updating so any help is appreciated

I would advise you to upgrade to the Go App simply because you will not be able to use the new features that will be coming Monday with the Pilot App.The Go app for me has worked well with both my P3A/P3P and Inspire 1's. I can't wait for the Upgrades!
Just looking at all the quads you have....Just one question...... Can I be your really really best friend.........

I have upgraded the Quad, I uninstalled the old Go app and got rid of all old files on android pad. I have loaded the new Go app off the app store It loads but seems to be the old version still. 1080p camera. etc.
Any help please..

I just updated my craft to the new firmware, can't get the rc to update. Was using craft's SD card and a USB adapter but no luck. This is my first time updating so any help is appreciated
According to the release notes I read.... there is no need to upgrade the RC..

"Notice:
Users may skip updating the remote controller, as latest firmware update does not affect the remote controller"

I have upgraded the Quad, I uninstalled the old Go app and got rid of all old files on android pad. I have loaded the new Go app off the app store It loads but seems to be the old version still. 1080p camera. etc.
Any help please..
I read earlier... if you opted for PAL.... you need to change it to the other option.. I had the same problem

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4