DJI Go and firmware depencency

Reaction score
To be sure I have it right (or wrong), there is seperate FW for the P3P, the batteries and the controller, plus versions of the DJI Go app. If I upgrade to the latest version of the Go app will it work with all versions of controller, battery and P3P FW? IOW, is there any piece of the system that, once upgrade, will require other parts of the system to be upgraded to work?
Another strange thing: I started up the Go app and it stated that, "Download of the upgrade package P3 Standard 1.4.60 version was successful, please turn on your P3 Standard and connect the mobile device to its Wi-Fi." I don't recall downloading anything and I do not have a P3S, I have a P3P. Do I proceed with the install? If not, how to I get around (or delete) this? I cannot get past this popup message to install. If I were to delete the app and reinstall it (presumably to the latest version) would it work with my current (outdated) FW or would it require updating everything? Thanks!!

Last edited:
After installing firmware 1.3.2, you can jump right to the latest version (or the desired version). DJI has been releasing "all-in-one" firmware updates -- meaning they can be installed on the batteries & Phantom. The RC can only be updated from the DJI GO app.

If needed, you can find detailed firmware installation instruction here.

I just accidentally hit Report instead of Reply on someone's response. My appologies :-( They were asking if I had downloaded the correct version of the FW from the DJI site (if I remember correctly). I have not downloaded any updates at this time. My P3P, controller and batteries all the the FW that they came with. The P3P is at 1.4.3. I don't know why the app thinks I have a P3S.

Try reinstalling DJI GO.

Try reinstalling DJI GO.
That's was I figured would be the best action to take. Since the version of the Go app I install will most likely be newer than the one I delete, is there any chance of the new version not working with my olde FW? I do not know what the depencencies are with app versions vs. FW versions. Thanks!

It should work with firmware 1.4.

Reactions: Ataribravo
It should work with firmware 1.4.
Ok, uninstalled old, installed new. I select P3P from the Phantom page dropdown. No more popup requesting install of P3S FW, but it will not connect (e.g. nothing happens when I hit the equipment icon). P3P, controller and phone are all fully charged. Phone is an HTC One (M8) running lollipop. Bird is on, controller is on and phone is connected. Help??

And, how about if you reinstall the prior version?

I would assume that, since I uninstalled it, I no longer have access to reinstall it. Actually, I don't know how to see what version I have currently installed.

Interesting, I now have to log in just to see my Flight Records. Didn't have to do that before...

Looks like I'm not the only one... A guy with the previous model to my phone (HTC One (M7)) is having the same issue, but so are Apple users and more. Why DJI... why?? Any suggestions?

Attachments

• DJI-Go.jpg
    DJI-Go.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 302
Found a site where you can get DJI Go versions back to 2.4.3, but which version is recommended for best functionality and stability? Note that the current version (and one I just installed is 2.7.1).

Latest is best. Stop beating that dead horse !

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Latest is best. Stop beating that dead horse !

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Unfortunately the dead horse seems to be the latest (2.7.1) as it is the one that doesn't work. And it's far from just me per the DJI Go site comments. I am all ears for a solution though. :D Please!

Beside all those problem you have, i really try to understand why version 2.5.x was 135mb and now 2.7.x are 91mb ?

Beside all those problem you have, i really try to understand why version 2.5.x was 135mb and now 2.7.x are 91mb ?
I think it has to do with compressed size and installed size.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.