Dji Go and Android 6 +

Reaction score
I am having issues getting the app to connect to my phone running android 6.1. I have tried changing from mtp to midi...and everything else...but still no go! All i get is the how to connect screen. Has anyone actually found a cause and fix for this? As soon as i roll my phone back to android 5.1 it works immediatly. Any help would be appreciated.. and i am not using litchi at all .

Sent from my SM-N920C using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am having issues getting the app to connect to my phone running android 6.1. I have tried changing from mtp to midi...and everything else...but still no go! All i get is the how to connect screen. Has anyone actually found a cause and fix for this? As soon as i roll my phone back to android 5.1 it works immediatly. Any help would be appreciated.. and i am not using litchi at all .

Android 6.x has not gotten support yet, I had a galaxy tab what also had 6.0 didn't connect to the drone, only way I got it to connect was when I restarted my device while the drone and the controller was on.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had the android version of the DJI GO app crash on my Galaxy Core phone so many times while flying the drone that I upgraded to the Apple Mini 4. The much larger screen and flawless operation so far makes it worth it.

Last edited:
Lets hope not! I ended up waiting on the mavic and grabbed a p4 and this is disappointing for sure!. My p3 pro worked fine but i guess with the upgraded electronics in the usb link its an issue.. come on dji get with it!

Lets hope not! I ended up waiting on the mavic and grabbed a p4 and this is disappointing for sure!. My p3 pro worked fine but i guess with the upgraded electronics in the usb link its an issue.. come on dji get with it!

yeah, now I'm a little concerned. if my phone don't work I'm diffently not getting a iPhone, and a tablet is to large to fit until something comes out for it.

And to make things worse... i rolled back to 5.1 android but i get some video glitches and scramble because the gpu isnt utilized properly in that version of android. It doesnt show up in my actual video but it does on the screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.