DJI go 4 In Flight App Crash

Reaction score
Hello,

While flying my P4 today the DJI 4 Go app crashed mid flight. I use an Nvidia Shield K1 with the latest software for the app, tablet and controller. The video feed pixilated and then the app just crashed and had to be restarted from the home screen. It immediately reconnected and I was able to maintain control. The aircraft was well within visual range and sufficient altitude to be seen. The craft itself was stable and I was in full control from the controller. Has anyone else experienced this behavior? I have flown with the Shield for several hours without any issues. Would be interested in knowing other's experiences.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T807A using PhantomPilots mobile app

My Samsung tablet will crash in GO 4 to a black screen with a bright blue thin border at times. Bad part is I have to do a hard reboot as the screen remains black and no buttons visible when it crashes. However, even not running GO 4 it will sometimes lock out button presses and I need to hard reboot the too. Could be it overheats and the Android system CPU crashes out, or some other app is taking over and messing with it. I'm not a fan of Android at all. Least I can still fly the thing by flipping it to ATTI when it happens as I don't know what the GPS P and S modes will need or do when I reboot.

Well I have ruled out the tablet, ran Litchi for over 25 min and no crash. It appears to be a dji problem
I got samsung tab a with djigo4 had a issue yesterday,,might give it a go ,,read a few posts about dj and litchi :)

My Samsung tablet will crash in GO 4 to a black screen with a bright blue thin border at times. Bad part is I have to do a hard reboot as the screen remains black and no buttons visible when it crashes. However, even not running GO 4 it will sometimes lock out button presses and I need to hard reboot the too. Could be it overheats and the Android system CPU crashes out, or some other app is taking over and messing with it. I'm not a fan of Android at all. Least I can still fly the thing by flipping it to ATTI when it happens as I don't know what the GPS P and S modes will need or do when I reboot.
The RC can be used autonomously without any tablet so do stay in GPS-P, especially when you are busy rebooting/linking the tablet to the RC.
Just be sure you have the correct home point at all times in case you need to engage RTH.

Reactions: MedicFL1
It's the App DJI GO 4
It happens to all of us and they know it .
The Nvidia shield K1 is the best of the bunch I've used and every now and then the app crashed on it too.
I've talked to allot of people and they all have had problems with the GO 4 app.
(previously used Samsung Note 4 and Tab A 8 " ~ same problem)

I just picked up the P4P and am using it with a Shield K1. My app crashes in 9/10 flights. If I'm just doing a short flight of 2-3 minutes, I can usually get back to the ground before the DJI GO 4 app crashes, but most of the time when I'm doing normal full-length flights the software crashes around the 5 minute mark. I have no idea why, but it's super annoying. I know cables are a BIG deal in scenarios like this, but I've tried 5 different USB cables and still have the crashes.

I went ahead and bought the HDMI output module for my controller and fly FPV via Fatshark Transformer Goggles for most of my flights now. I use the shield to do my initial settings, and usually have plenty of time after lift-off to make camera adjustments, then I put on the goggles and do the flight without relying on the tablet. If I have to make additional adjustments after the 5 minute mark, I just put it into a hover, restart the app, and it usually reconnects fine. But I have had several flights where the app simply does not reconnect with the in-progress flight after restarting and I'm forced to land and reboot everything.

If the camera on this drone weren't so friggin incredible, I'd have taken it back immediately after I realized the severity of the software problems. But I'm so impressed with the video & 20mp stills, that I just have to deal with the weaknesses and hope they are smart enough to fix the issues before moving on to their next flawed drone release.

I saw somewhere the issue can be resolved by reverting to previous Android version (older OS) so no more GO app 4 crash with K1

As I'm a fairly new P4P owner, and also completely new to the Android world (meaning I have no idea how to revert my tablet), I wonder if it would be easier to just install Litchi and try flying from that system instead? Is Litchi any more stable on the K1 than DJI Go 4? My tablet is on Android 7.0 with Shield 5.1 software.

Hey guys, are there still conflicts between Litchi and DJI Go 4? I remember reading about that somewhere. Can I leave the DJI Go 4 app installed and use Litchi instead, or should I remove Go 4 and only use Litchi?

Good question.

You can keep both installed but never run them at same time.

Typically GO 4 is used for craft registration, updates and settings. Always make sure RC and craft are connected as many settings are stored in craft.

Important: before starting Litchi always make sure to exit GO 4 - for iPad/Phone double click home and wipe out - very similar for Android please make sure to remove from open apps list.

Last edited:
I also use the shield K1, and had the crashing with DJI4,,,now use Litchi, and no crashes at all,,,,some differences though,,,Litchi doesn't record your flight on the tablet at all,,,I do like that with Litchi you can create waypoints etc without having to fly the mission first...My system seems finicky as to how I start everything,,,,start drone, then start RC,,,then after cpl minutes start tablet,,,,then connect USB cable,,,pick "Litchi" when tablet recognizes USB,,,and it works fine.

Hello,

While flying my P4 today the DJI 4 Go app crashed mid flight. I use an Nvidia Shield K1 with the latest software for the app, tablet and controller. The video feed pixilated and then the app just crashed and had to be restarted from the home screen. It immediately reconnected and I was able to maintain control. The aircraft was well within visual range and sufficient altitude to be seen. The craft itself was stable and I was in full control from the controller. Has anyone else experienced this behavior? I have flown with the Shield for several hours without any issues. Would be interested in knowing other's experiences.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T807A using PhantomPilots mobile app

To fix it delete DJI GO 3 and 4 and make sure to delete all DJI files from your tablet Reinstall DJI GO 4 and it should fix it

I tried the uninstall,,,re-install DJI GO 4,,,did nothing to fix the crashes of DJI....Will only use Litchi now,,,not worth losing my drone etc over faulty app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers