DJI Go 4 displaying Data Update

Reaction score
So after updating the P4P via Assistant 2, Updating the RC via Phone and Go 4 updated also, when I startup RC and Go 4 then P4P I get a message on the Go 4 app saying
upload_2017-3-7_16-8-20.png

It then shows to connect the Phone to the P4P and after I hit update nothing happens.

I have never seen a "Data Update" (data.data), can someone help please?

WoW, no answer?

This morning the message was gone. I could have sworn I rebooted my phone but maybe I only closed all apps. The only change is that my phone for sure was rebooted last night.

Maybe this will help someone someday if they get this, try rebooting the phone and please post if that clears the message.

Glad to see my baby is ready to fly!

Glad to hear that you got this issue resolved! I would guess that the app and Phantom were not in sync when it was checking firmware and it was trying to offer an update that was already installed and so then the variables contained no data or were maybe null. "when I startup RC and Go 4 then P4P" Did you start up in that order? Manual indicates to power the Phantom on first and then the remote. It does not indicate if the application should already be running but I usually leave mine at the Aircraft selection screen and then power the remote on after the Phantom. On my Iphone 7 Plus the app is so quick that I can fully close it and almost open it back up instantly. On my Nexus 5X there is a slight bit of lag no matter what I do. Thanks for the info on the fix!

J

I'm thinking still that if I rebooted my phone it would have solved the issue.

Yes I start the RC, then P4P then the Go 4 opens on its own....Funny you ask this because when I first got the P4P and was having connectivity issue with RC & P4P, somewhere (manual or video) said to start in that order...RC, P4P then open app...Is that incorrect?

I just took a quick glance through the manual and cannot find a complete startup procedure, would you mind telling me which page?

Thanks!!

I had the same issue after updating firmware on the P4P and RC. Tried rebooting everything but still get the error message on my phone "Data Update: Connect aircraft to update your data.data". Any other ideas?

Never mind. I was totally wrong and you were totally correct. Here is from page 60 of the manual. "Flight TestTakeoff/Landing Procedures1. Place the aircraft in an open, at area with the battery level indicators facing towards you.2. Turn on the remote controller and your mobile device, then turn on the Intelligent Flight Battery.3. Launch the DJI GO 4 app and enter the Camera page.4. Wait until the Aircraft Indicators blink green. This means the Home Point is recorded and it is now safeto y. If they ash yellow, the Home Point has not been recorded.5. Push the left stick up slowly to take off or use Auto Takeoff.6. Shoot photos and videos using the DJI GO 4 app.7. To land, hover over a level surface and gently pull down on the left stick to descend.8. After landing, execute the CSC command or hold the left stick at its lowest position until the motorsstop.9. Turn off the Intelligent Flight Battery rst, then the Remote Controller."

So this most definitely indicates to turn the controller on and then launch the application and then turn on the Phantom. I swear the instructions in my quick start guide are reversed but it's probably just me.

Are you using Android? What version?

I'm using Android 7.0, just upgraded my Galaxy S7 this week. Tried starting up in both sequences with the same error message.

Not in the application itself but in Android System Settings? I am using IPhone 7 Plus 256. Not like it makes much of a difference but I have uninstalled and reinstalled my app since the fw update just to clear its cache

Thanks for the suggestion. I cleared the cache, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, then it finally would let me sync. Just went out for a flight and everything seemed to be working.

Glad that helped a bit. Keep an eye on it and let me know please. I'm always looking for tips and tricks and ways to improve to make sure I don't lose control of this craft through my own fault or something stupid I forget to do and I read in a blog post about clearing cache after every app and firmware update to help clear or resolve issues. It seems to be a common theme. My first P4 Pro would lose total connection with the remote after 8 minutes. I did not trust it so I sent it back to Amazon. Have a great day.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20