DJI go 4 app. would not connect to phantom 4

Reaction score
Today I took my phantom 4 out to fly it since I hadn't flown in a couple of weeks. I'm using the DJI go 4 app. 4.0.1. I went through the motion to turn everything on, but got disconnected error message. I was still able to start the motors, lift off etc. But no picture on my galaxy tablet, and still saying disconnected. After connecting and disconnect it a couple of times, I finally got it connected. Once I started flying it disconnected again. I was still able to fly it. Then I hit the return to home and it came back still had not signal on my tablet. Once I got it over my yard I told control and landed it. All the time no picture on singal on the tablet. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what was the solution. Also it was in the low 50's and overcast.

A faulty cable from your device to the controller?
Have you tried installing the older DJI Go app and trying that, or uninstall/instal the newer version.
I hung onto the older app I case there were any issues with the newer version but have had no problems on my apple device. I also make sure that there is nothing running in the background that may conflict with the app. Not sure if that helps at all.

When this error message popped up I unplugged the wire from my device, rotated the plug and put it back in. Didn't have any further issues after.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I've been using the dji go 4 since it came out. I hadn't had a problem with it. The cable is fairly new. I'll check it again once the weather here clears up. Thank you both for your suggestions.

Not sure why that would be the case, DJI GO4 is designed for the P4 and later models. Works fine, I understand that the app was specifically designed for these drones to streamline the previous app that catered for everything in their range.

Not sure why that would be the case, DJI GO4 is designed for the P4 and later models. Works fine, I understand that the app was specifically designed for these drones to streamline the previous app that catered for everything in their range.
A DJI support person responded to my question.... should I be flying my P4 with the new DJI go4 and the answer came back.... P4 owners should be flying with the DJI Go App not DJI Go 4
Maybe this is why some people are reporting disconnect issues while flying P4 using the app (DJI Go 4 App) meant for Mavric, inspire 2 and P4 pro.

A DJI support person responded to my question.... should I be flying my P4 with the new DJI go4 and the answer came back.... P4 owners should be flying with the DJI Go App not DJI Go 4
Maybe this is why some people are reporting disconnect issues while flying P4 using the app (DJI Go 4 App) meant for Mavric and P4 pro.
Hmm if you go into the dji go4 app it clearly gives you the option to select the P4. Disconnect issues may be a whole range of other issues. If the app was a problem this forum would be flooded with with threads referring to this.

Hmm if you go into the dji go4 app it clearly gives you the option to select the P4. Disconnect issues may be a whole range of other issues. If the app was a problem this forum would be flooded with with threads referring to this.
Totally understand your logic and I do see the option for P4 also but I had to confirm with support people while trying to resolve another issue with my P4 in which it began a steady descent while flying up at 100 feet. I was flying with the regular DJI Go App then. I threw the app Question into the story after I was done with them and they clearly told me to use our original DJI Go App. I know it doesn't make sense and I would like to try it. By the way, that flight that I was having the auto descent issue with was during a slight below freezing temperature outside and I've seen another post of a descent issue while in sub zero or under 32f temperatures. This other person said -10 so I take that as a Canadian with Celsius like myself.

Totally understand your logic and I do see the option for P4 also but I had to confirm with support people while trying to resolve another issue with my P4 in which it began a steady descent while flying up at 100 feet. I was flying with the regular DJI Go App then. I threw the app Question into the story after I was done with them and they clearly told me to use our original DJI Go App. I know it doesn't make sense and I would like to try it. By the way, that flight that I was having the auto descent issue with was during a slight below freezing temperature outside and I've seen another post of a descent issue while in sub zero or under 32f temperatures. This other person said -10 so I take that as a Canadian with Celsius like myself.
Well thanks for the info, where I live it has never snowed or got to the temps you noted, and maybe there are other factors involved. I use both apps from time to time and have had no issues, but then my area has between 10C - 40C and you simply can't fly as my device shuts down regardless of app when it gets that hot.

Well thanks for the info, where I live it has never snowed or got to the temps you noted, and maybe there are other factors involved. I use both apps from time to time and have had no issues, but then my area has between 10C - 40C and you simply can't fly as my device shuts down regardless of app when it gets that hot.
It's on our bucket list to do.... visit Australia.... The length of time on the plane to get there is what's held us back.
Anyhow safe flying and just wanted to add that once they make a Mavric Drone with the added O/A tech., and the improved camera where you don't have to do manual focus like the p4s they will have me as a customer. Happy New Year fellow flyer.

It's on our bucket list to do.... visit Australia.... The length of time on the plane to get there is what's held us back.
Anyhow safe flying and just wanted to add that once they make a Mavric Drone with the added O/A tech., and the improved camera where you don't have to do manual focus like the p4s they will have me as a customer. Happy New Year fellow flyer.
And cheers to you, we don't have a lot of the flying restrictions some other places do and we can have a beer when it's finished. Australia is fast becoming the last frontier for a whole bunch of stuff. Yeah, it's pretty special.

Phantom 4 is clearly written to be compatible with, and be the preferred app for a plain P4 according to DJI. I think the support guy just throw something out..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen