DJI GO 4 App on Android

Reaction score
I have an Nvidia Shield K1 tablet as well as an ASUS ZenPad S 8.0. This is the UI of the app on the ASUS tablet:

Screenshot_20170202-000409_1.jpg

On the Shield K1, (same app) the compass does not appear; you can toggle between map and compass but not have both on at same time. Is there a setting to fix this?

2017_02_02_00_11_04.png

ps: I am using version 4.0.1.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

I have an Nvidia Shield K1 tablet as well as an ASUS ZenPad S 8.0. This is the UI of the app on the ASUS tablet:

View attachment 75117

On the Shield K1, (same app) the compass does not appear; you can toggle between map and compass but not have both on at same time. Is there a setting to fix this?

View attachment 75119

ps: I am using version 4.0.1.

Maybe it's turned off on your k1? Nothing wrong on my k1.

Maybe it's turned off on your k1? Nothing wrong on my k1.
Do you know the setting that controls this? I have looked....can't seem to find it. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Do you know the setting that controls this? I have looked....can't seem to find it. Thanks.

Actually I am wrong. It didn't read your post correctly. On mine you can toggle as well, and it doesn't show both. Why not just put it on gps and use the gps for the compass as well? I think you can adjust the gps view for a locked view or not.

Reactions: ICULookin
Actually I am wrong. It didn't read your post correctly. On mine you can toggle as well, and it doesn't show both. Why not just put it on gps and use the gps for the compass as well? I think you can adjust the gps view for a locked view or not.
Yup, can use gps; just find it weird that it behaves this way. I am thinking the Go app / features are somehow dependent on the flavor/ version of the Android OS..(even the processor/chip type?) of the tablet.

Your Asus ZEN Pad 8 works? I returned mine as it lagged terribly. Do you really like the Nvidia Shield? I need to get a tablet as I'm tired of using my phone as the screen. I just want to make the best choice.

Sent from my SM-G920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

You've got google maps in the top one, and Here in the bottom one. I suspect you've got two different builds of the app based on the different major versions of Android OS on the tablets.. possibly.

Just checked on both my android devices. My Samsung Note 5 is Android 6.0.1, and looks similar to your bottom picture (Here maps, lefthand bottom switches between compass and map, nothing on the righthand side)..

But on my Samsung Tab S2 (SM-T813) which is also Android 6.0.1, the app looks like your top photo.. both compass and map, but the map uses Here instead of google.

Your Asus ZEN Pad 8 works? I returned mine as it lagged terribly. Do you really like the Nvidia Shield? I need to get a tablet as I'm tired of using my phone as the screen. I just want to make the best choice.

Sent from my SM-G920V using PhantomPilots mobile app
I prefer the Nvidia Shield for the form-factor/size; doesn't lag as much as the ASUS either. Also has native screen recorder which outperforms AZ Recorder.

Reactions: ICULookin

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4