DJI GO 4.0 INFO

Reaction score
I've noticed you guys talking about the P4P using a new app. And also the Mavic will be using it? Why did Dji go this route? What will most likely be different? When is it scheduled to be available?

I've noticed you guys talking about the P4P using a new app. And also the Mavic will be using it? Why did Dji go this route? What will most likely be different? When is it scheduled to be available?
Current thinking is that the Go app is getting too complicated trying to deal with so many different aircraft.
It's cleaner to have a complete new app to handle the new stuff that the Mavic and P4 pro have.

I am guessing that's why there have been a lot of issues especially with P4 video transmission. Sounds like the app is bloated. Hopefully pulling the mavic tech will free up some much needed space on the go app. Also I have absolutely no idea what I am talking about so I could be way off.

Current thinking is that the Go app is getting too complicated trying to deal with so many different aircraft.
It's cleaner to have a complete new app to handle the new stuff that the Mavic and P4 pro have.
Makes perfect sense. I'm pretty excited to use this new app

I am guessing that's why there have been a lot of issues especially with P4 video transmission. Sounds like the app is bloated. Hopefully pulling the mavic tech will free up some much needed space on the go app. Also I have absolutely no idea what I am talking about so I could be way off.
Your probably right. The app does seem pretty bloated

My guess: since Mavic is already supported in the current Go app, that will not change, and the 4.0 version will support P4P and Inspire 2 and future high-end systems. There seems to be a lot of similarity between the Mavic/P4 and the P4P wrt the Go app, though, so splitting it here is counter-intuitive. We'll see.

My guess: since Mavic is already supported in the current Go app, that will not change, and the 4.0 version will support P4P and Inspire 2 and future high-end systems. There seems to be a lot of similarity between the Mavic/P4 and the P4P wrt the Go app, though, so splitting it here is counter-intuitive. We'll see.
I think it was already confirmed that the Mavic will now be on dji go 4. I'm not 100 percent on that though.

I don't have anything to base this on other than the name and that it makes more sense for them to work with one codebase

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
it was talked about over on rcgroups, looks like a new app that will be used for P4P and also Mavic. According to one of the DJI reps it was sent out a week ago to IOS so it should be released anytime

There are pluses and minuses to an entirely new app as a single app for all drones would make for a larger app that at some point could impact performance. OTH, having different versions of the same app could result in confusion and I for one would think you'd probably want to give it a different name and icon.

Brian

Separate.

Attachments

• IMG_0826.PNG
    IMG_0826.PNG
    58.4 KB · Views: 591

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members