DJI Go 3.0 Android user warning!

Reaction score
Your experience may vary depending on the device you use.
In few days I'll be out of the real time Internet connection and have opportunity to get some important (to me) footage. I was hoping to get the "Mavic" Go update to get larger display of the flight data and km/hr instead of m/sec. Not to risk it, I updated my (backup) Moto G3 first. Everything was a OK except the flight metrics was same as before. Oh, Go also indicated that I need to upgrade RC firmware. I didn't. I fired off my main display device which is Acer 8" tablet with the second latest Go (2.9?) Version. No update message for the RC???? But other then that, everything's normal. OK, I think. 3.0 was OK on Moto so, will try updating Acer. Well,was I sorry I did. Go crashed every time I started it. Just few days from my important opportunity.... I almost panicked but than I realized that I can find help on one of the the Phantom forums. I did and rolled back to v2.9x and everything is OK again. A disappointment for me but not the end of the world. I hope that DJI will fix it because, unless we are talking about bullets, I really prefer Km/hr over m/sec. For you... You may want to try the 3.x but better be prepared to roll it back.

Sent from my B1-810 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Can you point me in the right direction to roll back the DJI go 3.0 app to a previous version? I cant get it to run on my Galaxy tab A 8.0. It just locks up at the intro screen.

Sent from my SM-T350 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Old (and new) DJI Go versions here: DJI GO APK Download - Free undefined APP for Android | APKPure.com (scroll down on the page) Before installing, go to your device Settings > Apps, select DJI Go, clear cache and than uninstall. To install, since it does not come from the Play Store, you may have to change the installation permissions. To be on the safe side, change them back after the install.

If you need alder version of the firmware, check here: https://www.phantomhelp.com/Phant ... al/#FirmwareArchive I never needed to roll back the firmware so, I have no clue how to use this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: AZmtnbkr
Old (and new) DJI Go versions here: DJI GO APK Download - Free undefined APP for Android | APKPure.com (scroll down on the page) Before installing, go to your device Settings > Apps, select DJI Go, clear cache and than uninstall. To install, since it does not come from the Play Store, you may have to change the installation permissions. To be on the safe side, change them back after the install.

If you need alder version of the firmware, check here: https://www.phantomhelp.com/Phant ... al/#FirmwareArchive I never needed to roll back the firmware so, I have no clue how to use this one.
Thank You! I thought I read some where that I would loose flight data if I uninstalled? Is there a way to save flight data before I uninstall ?

Sent from my SM-T350 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers